The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Sigma EK 3ltr

+5
CC
roli
Waves117
Johno
nick carter
9 posters

Go down

Autosleeper Sigma EK 3ltr Empty Autosleeper Sigma EK 3ltr

Post by nick carter Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Are we the owners of the only Sigma sold by Auto sleeper we have seen no mention of same in the forum/ adverts/or media we are beginning to feel a little isolated, Admin no who we are as they queried what we thought of the van picked up from the dealers on the 18th of January this year
nick carter
nick carter

Auto-Sleeper Model : Sigma EK

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Sigma EK 3ltr Empty Re: Autosleeper Sigma EK 3ltr

Post by Johno Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:06 am

Hi Nick

Try not to feel isolated we're not really a forum of Sigmaphobes, we're a friendly "old" bunch despite the occaisional spat. hugegrins

I must confess that I Googled AS Sigma before posting, looks a really nice motorhome albeit not very well known amongst us AS anoraks, it's a similar situation with my MH there doesn't seem to be many Eaton owners on the forum (I'll probably now be proved wrong as usual). biggrin

Remember what we all have in common is we all own and love our Auto Sleepers (love might be stronging it a bit but you know what I mean) snigger

Enjoy your Sigma cheers John up!

Johno
Johno
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Eton
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Waves117 Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi Nick

Sorry to hear you feel isolated - please don't lots of helpful people on here up! .

Try the Link below - I found a few topics on the forum by using the search facility

https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/search?mode=searchbox&search_keywords=sigma&show_results=topics

Waves117 wave

Waves117
Waves117
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : TRIDENT

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:28 pm

You are not the only owners of a Sigma Nick, for some reason they rechristened it quickly to a Broadway. There is at least one other Sigma owner on here.

They made three similar vans for a short period the Sigma was a Pug and the Windsor and Orian Gemini were Fords.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Sigma EK 3ltr Empty Isolation

Post by nick carter Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:33 pm

May I say thank you to both Johno & Waves for answering my post. I do not feel isolated, merely puzzled, her indoors would say puggled (we are from Somerset) its just we have never seen or heard a mention of an A/S Sigma anywhere. At the moment we are in a campsite in Andalucia and there are two more A/S vans on site, and neither of the owners (both long term A/S owners) have heard of a Sigma either.
Overall we are very pleased with the van, when we get home we intend to do some modifications such as a barbecue point on the nearside, and if we can ever work out how to take them out we will replace the six (I presume two foot) fluorescent) tubes (which are above the lockers) with strip leds, which are available on the internet .
nick carter
nick carter

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi Nick... Find it hard to understand why owners have never heard of the Sigma... scratch head I think the trouble with many of the owners is they have had their vans a number of years are are stuck in their own little world and don't have much of an interest in "Auto-Sleepers" perse... just in "their" Auto-Sleeper if that makes sense, spoken to quite a few seniors on our travels and this is the impression I'm getting anyway (don't mean that to sound condescending in anyway) winkin! I handed a calling card to a senior couple yesterday with an Executive and they couldn't get their heads around what a forum was despite admitting they have a computer, so I just said that perhaps they could pass the card on to someone else on their travels.

We've seen a number of Sigma's on our travels so they are not that rare! One resides within a short distance of where I live... and we looked at a couple when looking for a motorhome recently, they look like a bigger brother to the Nuevo, but just a little bigger than we needed.

There are a few Sigma owners on the forum, the problem is and has always been getting members to visit frequently.. many join then then visit rarely and of course some seem to forget our existence completely! (that's forums for you!) Luckily we have a good band of merry men (and ladies winks ) who do visit the forum often gimmefive Don't forget to post a photo or two in our "Show us your Auto-Sleeper" section sometime!

Some Auto-Sleeper Sigma reviews here, which if you are anything like me enjoy reading

http://www.motorhomemonthlymagazine.com/reports/auto-sleeper-sigma-el/

http://www.practicalmotorhome.com/review/motorhome/2008-auto-sleeper-sigma-el

http://www.motorhomechooser.co.uk/featured-assigma-b.php

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Sigma EK 3ltr Empty Sigma's scattered wide

Post by nzowner Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:07 am

Our Sigma is lonely and, like you feel isolated, but understandably, we are in New Zealand. What puzzled me was your 3ltr engine. Was'nt aware of such an option. As an earlier post mentions the Sigma is now marketed as a Broadway. Why do AS change the names so frequently??? so frustrating. When we purchased ours in 2009 both were on offer, the difference we were told was "the Broadway has a darker wood interior"!
nzowner
nzowner

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Sigma EK 3ltr Empty Sigma EK

Post by grasscutter Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi Nick, I am 'the other' Sigma owner. The vehicle was a key model in the Autosleeper range on the new version Boxer Chassis Cab at the NEC show in Oct 2007 where we saw and ordered ours. It was already available at certain dealerships. An 8 page review was featured in MMM and 3 pages Caravan Club Magazine, both Nov 2007. Both though, were EL versions. As NZowner says he/she bought theirs in 2009, sounds like as new, so the Sigma was on offer for some time, but it did seem to serve quite quickly as a prototype for the Broadway. Like CruizingComet I saw it more as a big brother to the Nuevo. In theory a 3 litre engine option was available at the time on all Autosleeper Peugeot Boxer models excepting the Mezan. So you see you are not alone. G
grasscutter
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : sigma

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Sigma EK 3ltr Empty Sigma Wannabee

Post by caulkhead Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:47 pm

Hi All,

Have been following this thread with interest as me and Mrs Caulkhead have identified the Sigma EL as potentially our ideal motorhome. Problem is, there are very few of them around. The Broadway is obviously an alternative but, being that bit newer, it is out of our price-range. When the Sigma first came out it received almost universal praise from the Motorhome media and doesnt seem to have suffered too many problems, unlike other Autosleeper models from this era. There is one currently for sale at West Country Motorhomes at 29,995 which seems reasonable to me! Just wish I could get down there to see it......

Regards to you all,

Caulkhead
caulkhead
caulkhead

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi Caulkhead

We viewed an 08 Sigma with an end lounge at West Country Motorhomes when we were looking to trade up a while back (wonder if it's the same one?) I wouldn't be put off by the fact this is not such a well known van, personally I think that's a plus as it makes it more interesting... I like the Sigma with it's length of 6.28m but we opted for the smaller Nuevo's 5.63m length, not a huge difference but it's surprising just how much bigger the Sigma looks especially with the end lounge layout and the bigger side and rear windows. Not a fan of the end lounge layout myself as it seems to compromise on space in the kitchen area but each to their own.

Must say the vehicles at West Country Motorhomes were very well presented, carpets were covered with polythene etc so it does seem like they care

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:36 am

If you want a Sigma and cant find one, similar vans on a better motor, the Transit (imo) look for the Windsor or the Orian Gemini the Gemini had a slightly different layout but the Windsor can be found with the same layout
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Just a thought..... Have a look at the payload and also check if you are considering towing. I think that some versions of the Broadway at least (same van) is not recommended for towing due to rear axle load unless you go for the Crown version which is a Marquis one on a 4 tonne Al-Ko chassis.
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:46 am

I would go along with DuxDeluxe on the towing aspect there is a fair overhang from the rear axle. I know there is a Windsor knocking about with a towbar, but I wouldnt put one on (same shell as Sigma)
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:06 pm

Mine was ok as it had the Al-Ko chassis - also nice and easy for the tow bar although Watlings decided to extend the supports further forwards as a precaution.
DuxDeluxe
DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down