The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo EK and Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro Awning

+3
BarryP
Paramedic
delilah
7 posters

Go down

Nuevo EK and Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro Awning Empty Nuevo EK and Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro Awning

Post by delilah Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:29 pm

Can any Nuevo EK owner help answer my query before I spend a fortune on a Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro Non-drive away awning?
I am sumising that because of the height I will need a XXL?
The Thule Ominstar Awning 6200 is approximately 3.20m long so a 330 awning doesn't look as though it will fit and I think that I will only get away with a 2.20 m width?
Can anyone help?
What do they fit like.  Do you have any good or bad points to share?
delilah
delilah

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Nuevo EK and Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro Awning Empty Re: Nuevo EK and Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro Awning

Post by Paramedic Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:51 pm

We're very pleased with our recently acquired Kampa Rally Pro Air 330 XL. By what you have described, the 260 will fit your awning length, just need to be accurate with the height of your Omnistore awning bearing in mind any added height if van is on levelling blocks. One thing they don't tell you is the need of a spray awning rail lubricant to hep glide the awning into position. First time we struggled only to find it was then inside out.

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Nuevo EK and Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro Awning Empty Re: Nuevo EK and Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro Awning

Post by BarryP Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:04 pm

These are great awnings - if you have the spare space and payload to carry it. They are heavy and bulky.
Barry
BarryP
BarryP
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:21 am

We had a look at these, they look very good but I have my doubts about how long they say it takes to put up. I have a question about them if one of you good people could help, is there a means of attaching a strip along the bottom of the MH to prevent through draft and, if so, how is it done?

Thanks up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:33 pm

Hi Askit, as a money saving idea, my wife fashioned a draft apron from a former plastic ground sheet from our tenting days. The Kampa Limpet fixing system is ideal to hold the apron in position along the side of the van. We don't deploy the habitation step (use single step) so as to have an uninterrupted run and at a depth sufficient to cover the wheel arch. Also the depth gives ample draft proofing along the ground much like a tent where the ground sheet lays on top. With regard to setting up the awning, disregard any YouTube videos that appears to show it being quick and easy. The instructions supplied state your roll out awning should only be wound out no more than one metre so as to slide the awning along the rail. This means it requires the use of steps to reach the awning rail if you are of short stature. Our 330 is quite heavy to man handle but once in position on the rail and wound back against the van, the hand pump quickly inflates after which it doesn't take long to peg down. We bought the air awning because it can stand fairly gusting winds without the otherwise extended Omnistore awning making creaking noises especially at night. If you wish to know more, please PM for first hand experience. Regards

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:43 pm

Thanks for that, really helpful and confirms much of what we thought. I kind of guessed that we would probably have to fashion a skirt to deal with the under van draughts, not that it would be a big deal. We've watched caravanners erecting their Kampas and, although they take a bit of time, they still look pretty impressive. We're still debating how much use we would get from one before deciding what happens next up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wogga383 Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:35 am

you don't necessarily have to fashion one, google is a wonderful thing. Not too sure how many MH's have a skirting rail though? Although there appears to be other options shown.

https://www.leisureoutlet.com/awnings/awning-accessories/draught-skirts
Wogga383
Wogga383

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Longridge
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:44 am

Thanks Wogga, certainly no skirting rail on ours. I don't think knocking one up would be a big problem and those suckers look like they would do a decent job.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Actionmike Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:42 pm

We have a Kampa Air Rally pro 260 XL, they are heavy, and bulky when packed down, but a really good awning. On ours we have to line up the end by the door right by the frame, and the front end just covers the end of the side window, not a problem for us though. We have the van "skirt", but haven't used it, the gap allows a bit of air flow! We use the extra pole kit to hold the sides against the van. A good addition is the storm straps, that help hold things steady in strong winds. Very pleased with ours. Mike.
Actionmike
Actionmike

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : NUEVO EK 3.0
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Nuevo EK and Kampa Motor Rally Air Pro Awning Empty Kampa Pro 260

Post by Ian from Fairford Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:31 pm

I am interested to purchase a Kampa air 260 and need to know if it will slide into my Thule Ormnistor 6200 on the Neuvo EK (2019) I have? Having 'chatted' to Attwoods Camping they are saying I need an additional 'twin driveway kit'. Anyone out there able to help? Is this extra necessary for a fixed awning (Not the driveway version).
Ian from Fairford
Ian from Fairford

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : NUEVO LP EK
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Paramedic Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:07 pm

Hi, ours has the Thule Omnistore 6200 and as mentioned in previous posts the Rally Pro 330 XL. What you described is a fixed awning if that is what's required, so I'm at a loss with what an additional 'twin driveway kit' actually is. Regards.

Male

Back to top Go down