The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick XL and use in heat

+6
Kingham
greycaster
Peter Brown
Twiggy
Maasai Warrior
woodlice
10 posters

Go down

Warwick XL and use in heat Empty Warwick XL and use in heat

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Hi all,

We are currently on our first long trip to Europe with our 67 plate Warwick XL.  Down in southern Spain and it is warming up nicely.  These seems to be causing 2 issues for the Warwick and I wondered if these are common?

1. We have about 5 or 6 decals starting to peel off. Im sure I can get them replaced under warranty when we return - but we will use the van again in the heat so is this a common problem and if so is it actually worth replacing them.  Tempted to start stripping them off. 

2. On the rear side windows behind the blinds the fabric over the wood which does look quite smart is lifting on 3 out of the 4 windows,  I am assuming super glue is not suitable to stick this all back down again and wondered if others had this issue and what sort of adhesive they used?  Of should I just get the dealer to do it when they do the decals.

Not heat related but also rather annoyingly the centre roof vent surround seems to be coming loose from the ceiling on one side ( in front of the microwave)     Does the plastic surround come away easily?  - and if I do take it off, will I find some screws behind it to tighten it back up again? 

Otherwise very pleased with the van -- aside from the ongoing very irritable squeak behind the drivers head which I have sought advice on before.  I think I will need to ask SMC for a back to factory warranty claim as I think the  plywood behind the driver, all needs stripping out and putting back.

Thanks as always for you input
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL and use in heat Empty Re: Warwick XL and use in heat

Post by woodlice Thu May 17, 2018 3:25 pm

I don't know the answers but I am concerned as I also have a warick XL. The decals should be able to handle the heat, the carpet should be stuck down with a high temperature contact adhesive ( only my opinion I don't know ) and it seems it's probably normal contact adhesive. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon.
woodlice
woodlice

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warick xl
Vehicle Year : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Maasai Warrior Thu May 17, 2018 4:27 pm

Our van when new came with badly fitted and split decals. We had them replaced under warranty. However we have not had a problem with decals peeling off in the heat, and we had temperatures of 35 degrees plus in Slovenia three years ago. I guess on a van conversion the metal sides could sometimes get quite warm. We did have hotting up plastic smells from the black roof GRP and some rippling expansion patterns but has since not caused any issues.

Pete
Maasai Warrior
Maasai Warrior
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway EB owner
Vehicle Year : Mar 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Twiggy Thu May 17, 2018 4:51 pm

I have had to re stick the felt window surround material several times, I just used cheap Tesco general purpose glue.
The toilet cassette access door body colour film is now peeling off from the corners, not sure how to solve that one. 

Twiggy
Twiggy
Twiggy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu May 17, 2018 4:54 pm

I've spent a lot of time with a lot of Auto-Sleepers on rallies in great heat over many years and never come across decals peeling off before.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2018 5:24 pm

Twiggy wrote:I have had to re stick the felt window surround material several times, I just used cheap Tesco general purpose glue.
The toilet cassette access door body colour film is now peeling off from the corners, not sure how to solve that one. 

Twiggy
 Ah yes,  mine is doing that as well.  None of these issues are, in themselves serious, but I am struggling to keep up with all the little niggles.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2018 5:27 pm

Peter Brown wrote:I've spent a lot of time with a lot of Auto-Sleepers on rallies in great heat over many years and never come across decals peeling off before.
 Hi Peter, 

We have lost the 2 on the bonnet, the decals with the word Autosleeper on both front doors are now bubbling up as is one of the higher decals on the near side.    So 5 in total have either come off, or are coming off.  Interesting what you say, Ill talk to SMC when we get home about replacements.   Thank you :)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu May 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Outtheoffice wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:I've spent a lot of time with a lot of Auto-Sleepers on rallies in great heat over many years and never come across decals peeling off before.
 Hi Peter, 

We have lost the 2 on the bonnet, the decals with the word Autosleeper on both front doors are now bubbling up as is one of the higher decals on the near side.    So 5 in total have either come off, or are coming off.  Interesting what you say, Ill talk to SMC when we get home about replacements.   Thank you :)

Yes, I think their is a specific problem with the adhesion of the decals on you van.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by greycaster Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:16 am

We had the same problem with the carpet material coming off around the windows. We took it back to the dealers and they stuck it back down using a spray adhesive. After a short period of time it came loose again. This time I stuck it down myself using a glue gun and it has been ok for the last 18 months.
greycaster
greycaster

Male

Member Age : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingham Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:08 am

I don't think the issue with the carpet material coming unglued from around the windows is heat related, it's more likely the poor adhesion glue being used.

My most problematic window is on the rear offside and is on the shaded side of my van when parked at home. I've still to fix that !

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorfal Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:32 pm

My felts peeled too.....lol.....it was very painful
Lorfal
Lorfal
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:05 pm

like this?
Warwick XL and use in heat 2018-010

I have that effect on all my rear windows. I push it back and it sticks, until the next time I look and it has come away again.
I was going to use super glue but now gather that is not the best.
I plan to bring it up with AS at the hab check and hopefully they will stick it back.

All the decalls are still on my van.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by greycaster Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:14 pm

I used a hot glue gun and they have now stayed in place for 18mths
greycaster
greycaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:53 pm

AutoSleepy_Don wrote:like this?

Yes just like that --- I have used seriously strong glue from evostick and touch wood its holding, but it has come away on all four rear windows on the tops, bottoms and sides.  No idea what AS used but it clearly is not fit for the job. 

Warwick XL and use in heat 2018-010

I have that effect on all my rear windows. I push it back and it sticks, until the next time I look and it has come away again.
I was going to use super glue but now gather that is not the best.
I plan to bring it up with AS at the hab check and hopefully they will stick it back.

All the decalls are still on my van.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by greycaster Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:32 pm

Have you checked the toilet window, we found that came off as well.
greycaster
greycaster

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian6 Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:57 am

With regards to the felt coming away mine did that within two months of being new. (cheap materials used!) It was repaired at Marquis Ipswich using double sided tape.
Works so far
Brian6
Brian6

Male

Member Age : 77
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:47 pm

Warwick XL and use in heat Van10

actually, I might just let this drop off.
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:13 pm

You can’t blame that on AS get on to GasIt near Caernarfon and tell em you want a new one    Our decals seen ok on our 2016 Warwick and I am sat looking at a Y reg Pollensa and those are like the day it left Willersey
roli
roli

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:52 pm

roli wrote:You can’t blame that on AS get on to GasIt near Caernarfon and tell em you want a new one    Our decals seen ok on our 2016 Warwick and I am sat looking at a Y reg Pollensa and those are like the day it left Willersey
Regretfully we have 7 decals coming away.  Had to take photographs of  them all individually so a warranty claim can be made , you can see from the image below how they are peeling away - hope AS replace them as the van is only 6 months old.  Overall very pleased with it, but more niggles than our previous Autotrail.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/url]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:35 pm

One decal replaced under warranty on our '67 Kingham, with several others now on the move - all on the nearside. Window frame felts repaired by SMC under warranty using Velcro... so far so good.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down