The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

symbol sliding window runner trim

2 posters

Go down

symbol  sliding window  runner trim  Empty symbol sliding window runner trim

Post by muso58 Wed May 02, 2018 1:41 pm

Hi  folks  .  i  am working on an auto sleeper symbol  its a 1999 model  .The customer would like  the    plastic  (i think) trim replaced that the plastic window slides  in,  the  one behind the drivers door on  o/side.
Has anyone repaired one of these frames  .I  need to know  where  i can get that  runner trim from  ,and process  of replacing it  .I have a feeling  it may be a window out  job .Any  advice greatly appreciated .
muso58
muso58

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : symbol
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

symbol  sliding window  runner trim  Empty Re: symbol sliding window runner trim

Post by Guest Wed May 02, 2018 3:07 pm

This post my help, its a bit old though [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

symbol  sliding window  runner trim  Empty Re: symbol sliding window runner trim

Post by muso58 Wed May 02, 2018 7:19 pm

Brilliant info  thanks  very much
muso58
muso58

Male

Back to top Go down

symbol  sliding window  runner trim  Empty 1996 Hamony sliding window channel replacemen

Post by Xhead Sat May 19, 2018 10:38 am

You can get the new rubber channel from Autosleeper. 
The brittle old trim will slide out - lever the channel out at the driver door end and then pull!
For clean-up the window will just come out - do it when the frame is cool or its very hard to get out/in.
Measure and cut the new rubber - noting how it is slit in the corners, lubricate the channel (before you put the window back) and the non-window side of the rubber with silicon grease and slide in. I did the top first.
The rubber may try to escape so best to use silicon grease, which I am told dries rather than oil which does not!
Time taken the first time about 2 hours. Stuff required - tin snips, silicon grease, vacuum cleaner and something to clean up the channel.
I thought it would take me all day!
Good luck or well done if you have already done it.
Xhead
Xhead

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by muso58 Sat May 19, 2018 10:57 am

Thanks for the detailed info .  I replaced it  a few days ago  .i  just did bottom section  and up  one  side .  took about  1/2 hr  .  £13  incl del from  autosleeper,  thanks again  and  have a great summer
muso58
muso58

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Xhead wrote:You can get the new rubber channel from Autosleeper. 
The brittle old trim will slide out - lever the channel out at the driver door end and then pull!
For clean-up the window will just come out - do it when the frame is cool or its very hard to get out/in.
Measure and cut the new rubber - noting how it is slit in the corners, lubricate the channel (before you put the window back) and the non-window side of the rubber with silicon grease and slide in. I did the top first.
The rubber may try to escape so best to use silicon grease, which I am told dries rather than oil which does not!
Time taken the first time about 2 hours. Stuff required - tin snips, silicon grease, vacuum cleaner and something to clean up the channel.
I thought it would take me all day!
Good luck or well done if you have already done it.
Thank you nice "how to"  allthumbz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down