The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alternative way to fill water tank.

3 posters

Go down

Alternative way to fill water tank. Empty Alternative way to fill water tank.

Post by Biker51 Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:43 pm

Hi all. 

Have had my Kemerton now for 5 years and have not had any issues with the Whale water filling system other than being a bit slow.

However just getting van dewinterised and whilst trying to use the portable pump to empty a bucket of diluted tank cleaner the pump has packed up. I was a bit stumped how to get cleaner into the tank so I rigged up a short length of hose with a over tap rubber adapter, the type you see on over the tap shower fittings, fitted this over the drain tap, fitted a funnel to the other end and poured the liquid into the tank from this end.

This got me thinking if this could be used to fill the tank by fitting a hose connector instead of the funnel. Has anyone used this method or can identify any problems. I'm not sure if there is a vent on the tank to reduce the build up of pressure. I thought of using a clear hose so I could gauge how full the tank was.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards.
Biker51
Biker51

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex EB
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Alternative way to fill water tank. Empty Re: Alternative way to fill water tank.

Post by Gromit Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:55 pm

My initial reaction is - what a lot of faff! I know some folk don't mind, but I can't be doing with it!  shrugg

If it's of interest, there are details in a recent thread of how someone fitted a "hole in the wall" filler without making a hole in the wall. Sounds completely contradictory I know, but he very cleverly fitted a filler that was accessible just by the skirt. He posted photo as well, and it looked a cracking good job.

I didn't take too much notice, but it might be the answer to your problem - and it would make topping up a lot easier if you only needed a couple of quick watering cans full before moving on. Someone will remember where the thread is - probably Paul!!!  winks

Just a thought.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Alternative way to fill water tank. Empty Re: Alternative way to fill water tank.

Post by palette Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:17 pm

Biker51 wrote:Hi all. 

Have had my Kemerton now for 5 years and have not had any issues with the Whale water filling system other than being a bit slow.

However just getting van dewinterised and whilst trying to use the portable pump to empty a bucket of diluted tank cleaner the pump has packed up. I was a bit stumped how to get cleaner into the tank so I rigged up a short length of hose with a over tap rubber adapter, the type you see on over the tap shower fittings, fitted this over the drain tap, fitted a funnel to the other end and poured the liquid into the tank from this end.

This got me thinking if this could be used to fill the tank by fitting a hose connector instead of the funnel. Has anyone used this method or can identify any problems. I'm not sure if there is a vent on the tank to reduce the build up of pressure. I thought of using a clear hose so I could gauge how full the tank was.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards.
I don't see a problem, other than the fresh water drain may be contaminated. The tank overflow pipe(s) will vent the tank, so no pressure build up problems. Good bit of lateral thinking I would say.

Male

Member Age : 66
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down