The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A right/good order to use the services (Nuevo

+7
Cymro
KMRTOPAZ
burlingtonboaby
harrysp
dbroada
daisy mae
jetty
11 posters

Go down

A right/good order to use the services (Nuevo Empty A right/good order to use the services (Nuevo

Post by jetty Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:31 am

Realise that there is not a one line answer, and I will learn with experience, but I am very nervous collecting my new Nuevo (T4 part exchanged) and starting using it..(am OK driving!). I will get  a couple of hours handover at the dealers and I have already been trying to dip into the manual on-line. Retaining the info and doing things in the right order (where applicable) are the issues.

What I need is a crib sheet to help me along. Let's assume to start with that I have diesel,LPG  and fresh water on board and I go on hook-up,and want to use all the van's facilities

Any ideas, thoughts appreciated however brief!
jetty
jetty
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

A right/good order to use the services (Nuevo Empty Re: A right/good order to use the services (Nuevo

Post by daisy mae Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:47 am

You should have the Auto-sleepers handbook that comes with all vehicles, everything is in there, fault finding at the back. use your phone to make a video of handover, it is a lot to take in, it is all a learning curve,  you will soon get use to it. after a bit you will wonder why you were worried about it.

Just relax and enjoy your new van. I had to learn some things differently when I bought my present van 3 months ago, different to my other one. plus it is a lot bigger.  hugegrins

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

A right/good order to use the services (Nuevo Empty Re: A right/good order to use the services (Nuevo

Post by dbroada Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:13 am

Just start using it. Making yourself a cup of tea (or pouring a glass of red) are good places to start. That will teach you far more than reading the manual.

One thing that caught me out was the flow control for the water heater. You will be told that with the lever in "this" position the water will flow and in "this" position it won't. What you may not be told or may not remember is that when the lever is turned a little button pops out. This MUST be popped back in if you want the water to flow through the internal pipework rather than straight out to the ground.

The other important thing is to have access to the internet and put any questions you have on here. You should get an answer pretty quickly. You may have to wait a while for a sensible answer so that glass of red comes in handy while you wait.

dbroada
dbroada
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK (Stolen)
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by harrysp Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:22 am

It will all fall into place very quickly. When we do the handover we have a system. I deal with the cab and outside and Mrs Harrysp deals with the inside controls. This way there is less for each of us to remember.

Take your time and go through each appliance. I too have read the handbook first, but until the van is yours and you can look at the controls etc I find just reading little use. You won’t remember it all from the handover and as dbroads says, ask on here-a wealth of knowledge to be tapped.

Oh, and the glass of wine is of course essential. Enjoy it.

H

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Former Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:26 am

Great to see another new van on the road Jetty, your van will no doubt have water in it for demonstrating purposes.
Keep an eye on the forecasts as we are still getting heavy frosts on this side of the country,drain down if you have too!
All the best in your new van, kept it secure.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:35 am

Carl Popper, philosopher of some renown, was attributed with the saying " The pleasure is in the finding out"
Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:00 am

You'll probably find that the Handbook will be somewhat confusing because many pages will not apply to your van e.g those pages describing the various Sargent systems and those to do with the heater. Took me a while to establish what applies, and to cross out those irrelevant pages.

Over the last 3 years I've complied a Word document which I've called "Nuevo tips gleaned from others". I've copied what I regard as very helpful contributions from this wonderful Forum which are of particular relevance to my Nuevo. Some I hope I'll never need to apply ... but it's comforting to have them.  If you'd like a copy, send me your email address by pm and I'll send it.

Cymro

Last edited by Cymro on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo correction)
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Johno Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:18 am

Hi Jetty

If possible why not try using it at home even spending a night or two in it familiarising  yourself with all the gubbins ( forgive the technical terminology ) in the van.

Could save a red face when on site blushes  as dbroada says you will soon get the hang of it all by using the van.

Cheers and happy camping John up!
Johno
Johno
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Eton
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:05 pm

If you have loaded up and hooked up as you describe (assuming gas and leccie are switched on) we have to do a few bits because or van is kept in storage. I switch on the Sargent and internal pump, switch on the fridge and then set the hot water and heating if needed. Whilst the kettle is boiling I fill the toilet flush etc and Mrs Askit sorts the inside stuff, putting clothes and food into their places. Controversially (see other threads), I stick the corner steadies down before having a nice cup of tea. As others have said, it will all fall into place  up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Neuvo EK LP

Back to top Go down

Post by frederic Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:23 pm

Register to attend the ASOC AGM at Newark from the 3rd-7th May and you will be fully appraised of all the facilities of the Nuevo by the many long time served A/S owners and the camaraderie is good also.
frederic
frederic
frederic
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz TipT
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by jetty Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:57 pm

Thanks for all your help and advice received..all so useful.
jetty
jetty
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:39 pm

Assuming that your van has the Whale type of water fill rather than the simpler hole in the wall the thing that will probably fool you is that the habitation electrics MUST be switched on for the water to be allowed into the tank. Easy to forget because they are automatically switched OFF when you start the engine to drive to the tap. That cost us nearly half an hour at our first "real" fill on a site at Luxembourg on our first trip with our new Lancashire!

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down