The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duetto 2010,single bed

3 posters

Go down

Duetto 2010,single bed Empty Duetto 2010,single bed

Post by Dynamic Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:52 pm

When making up the single bed behind the drivers seat how do you fill the gap between the end of the bench and the back of the seat?  
Trying to follow the diags in the handbook it appears to need one of the smallest wedge shaped cushions pushing down. However it does not seem to work!   Perhaps it is because I have been tired when trying!  
  I have not worried too much as I have used the other single with the swivel passenger seat.  However am going to Cornwall with a friend and courtesy dictates she has that bed!  (She is also taller than me).

Does anyone have any tips on what to do?  

Fingers crossed for help.

Thank you,

Sue:scratch head:
Dynamic
Dynamic
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Duetto 2010,single bed Empty Re: Duetto 2010,single bed

Post by Spospe Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:11 pm

The infill is indeed one of the small cushions which rests on the angled metal ledge at the base of the driver's seat. The process is very simple, but it does require that the driver's seat be pushed forward towards the steering wheel in order to get the length.

As a matter of interest, when we had Duettos (one on a MK5 and the other on a MK7 Transit), we slept across the width of the van on the made-up double, as this gave a much wider and (to us) more comfortable bed. This does of course require that you are not too tall in order to fit. It also has the big benefits of a) not requiring the driver and passenger seats to be moved and b) The infill cushions can be left at home, thus creating more storage space in the van.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamic Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:56 pm

Many thanks for this.  I will try again in the morning and see if I can sort it.  I did sleep across the van in September with just half the single travel seat out.  That was quite good and the dog just lay at the side or underneath.  However that is not really an option when my friend comes with me!
Dynamic
Dynamic
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:05 am

We have the two small wedged shaped inserts, plus a longer one to fit in between the two smaller ones.
The front seats have to be placed forward with the seat backs up right, we have not slept in them yet, only tried them in position. Stay warm.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Dynamic Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:40 am

Many thanks. Intended to try yesterday but took dog out instead.  Will try later.  Sue
Dynamic
Dynamic
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:42 am

Dynamic wrote:Many thanks. Intended to try yesterday but took dog out instead.  Will try later.  Sue
Better get out before the snow comes Sue, we have had a wee fall this morning, hope your singles work out O.K, how's the Duetto, is it a front wheel drive?.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down