The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I just purchased a Pollensa but......

+3
BobK
daisy mae
landyman
7 posters

Go down

I just purchased a Pollensa but...... Empty I just purchased a Pollensa but......

Post by landyman Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:02 am

We picked up our latest motorhome yesterday, A 2003 Pollensa on Peugeot Boxer base.
When we got home it was dark so went to put the lights on in the back but found nothing is working on 12v. It had a habitation check 3 days ago and passed with everything working.
I have tried all the switches on the panel in different positions but nothing works. All works fine on 240 hook up.
Am I missing something? Is there a master switch somewhere that I cant find?
I rang the dealer but he needs to speak to the engineer who did the hab check but cant get him til Monday so thought I would ask on here.
landyman
landyman

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Pollensa
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

I just purchased a Pollensa but...... Empty Re: I just purchased a Pollensa but......

Post by daisy mae Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:15 am

Is there a switch by the hab door?, I made this mistake on mine, switch on panel, but some lights then are switched on by the switch next to door, handy when going in or out at night.
Best wishes,
Margaret

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

I just purchased a Pollensa but...... Empty Re: I just purchased a Pollensa but......

Post by landyman Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:25 am

daisy mae wrote:Is there a switch by the hab door?, I made this mistake on mine, switch on panel, but some lights then are switched on by the switch next to door, handy when going in or out at night.
Best wishes,
Margaret
There is a switch by the door but it only turns on the outside light. And it only does that when on 240 hook up.
landyman
landyman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BobK Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:27 pm

Hi Landyman....    My Rienza had a switch which collectively switched off / on the lights (for instance, last thing at night when getting into bed)  but sorry, for the life of me i cannot remember where it was    scratch head , but maybe near the door.
BobK
BobK

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Autosleepless!!

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:28 pm

I understand, don`t know then, sorry, I have 2 switches by the door. is there another switch on the side of the cocktail cabinet, there is on mine for the other lights. each model is different, perhaps someone with a Pollensa will be on soon to help you.

That switch is handy for switching off lights when in bed..
Best wishes,
Margaret

Last edited by daisy mae on Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added last sentence)
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:16 pm

Interesting!  
I've just gone out to our 2002 Pollensa and tried various combinations of ZIG master switch, charger switch (under wardrobe floor) and hookup plugged & unplugged and the only way I can duplicate your situation (i.e. hab lights on when on hookup, off when off hookup) is by turning the ignition key to ON thus energising the relays under the driver's seat, which turn the 12V hab circuits off and supplies the fridge from the engine battery.

Do you have the ignition on by any chance?  Is the red light on the fridge illuminated?

cheers
Roger
rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by landyman Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:56 pm

rogerblack wrote:Interesting!  
I've just gone out to our 2002 Pollensa and tried various combinations of ZIG master switch, charger switch (under wardrobe floor) and hookup plugged & unplugged and the only way I can duplicate your situation (i.e. hab lights on when on hookup, off when off hookup) is by turning the ignition key to ON thus energising the relays under the driver's seat, which turn the 12V hab circuits off and supplies the fridge from the engine battery.

Do you have the ignition on by any chance?  Is the red light on the fridge illuminated?

cheers
Roger
Ignition is off and no red light on fridge. I think that there must be a blown fuse somewhere between the leisure battery and the panel.
landyman
landyman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:45 pm

landyman wrote:
Ignition is off and no red light on fridge. I think that there must be a blown fuse somewhere between the leisure battery and the panel.

I think that's all it can be, there should be a fuse close to the +ve terminal of the leisure battery, probably rated at 30A. If there was a big difference in charge between the vehicle and starter batteries when the engine was started, the exchange of current between the batteries could have caused such a failure.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:06 pm

My 2002 Pollensa has a block with two relays and two fuses under the driver's seat, there's also another one or possibly two fuses under the bonnet near the vehicle battery, one presumably feeds the leisure battery charge from the alternator, the other the fridge.

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by landyman Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:10 pm

Thanks for the replies. I wont get time to look at it now til Monday.
How do I get access to the leisure battery? Do I have to remove the seat?
landyman
landyman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:42 pm

I think the only way for total access is by removing the seat but sometimes the fabric covered panels around it are removable and may give sufficient access.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by landyman Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:09 pm

Fixed! 
I slid the drivers seat forward and found the leisure battery. Next to it was 3 fuses, 2 of which were blown. Changed them and all working now.
I thought that there is a master switch somewhere because it says in the vague Autosleeper manual "turn on master switch". But there isn't one.
landyman
landyman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:34 pm

Glad you got that sorted and thanks for coming back and letting us know up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Askit wrote:Glad you got that sorted and thanks for coming back and letting us know up!

And thanks from me too.

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down