The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connecting an external gas supply.

+7
Jaytee
postman
roli
Bluebottle
Peter Brown
Gromit
greycaster
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Connecting an external gas supply. - Page 2 Empty Re: Connecting an external gas supply.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:12 pm

Ray, i posted the Gaslow web page for the 'reserve connection hose' upthread...
like all other Gaslow hoses, the free end is designed to accept all bottle adaptors as in my photo.....

here is the text from that page...

"The hose screws into the internal thread on the Gaslow Fill Kit.
The other end of the hose connects directly to any 21.8LH cylinders or our range of Gaslow 21.8LH Adapters, so you can connect to all European cylinders."

so, one end goes into the LPG in filler, the other connects to the Jumbo adaptor (for a spanish bottle) and away you go....no need to involve Gasit, the kit is readily available...

however, if you buy the gasit hose, you will have to fit the adaptor as posted by Gromit (to convert the UK propane POL fitting to a 21.8 LH threaded one, and then fit the Jumbo adaptor.....why bother with two adaptors when one will do if you buy the Gaslow version of the reserve hose rather than the gasit one?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Connecting an external gas supply. - Page 2 Empty Re: Connecting an external gas supply.

Post by Libraryman2 Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:36 pm

bolero boy wrote:Ray, i posted the Gaslow web page for the 'reserve connection hose' upthread...
like all other Gaslow hoses, the free end is designed to accept all bottle adaptors as in my photo.....

here is the text from that page...

"The hose screws into the internal thread on the Gaslow Fill Kit.
The other end of the hose connects directly to any 21.8LH cylinders or our range of Gaslow 21.8LH Adapters, so you can connect to all European cylinders."

so, one end goes into the LPG in filler, the other connects to the Jumbo adaptor (for a spanish bottle) and away you go....no need to involve Gasit, the kit is readily available...

however, if you buy the gasit hose, you will have to fit the adaptor as posted by Gromit (to convert the UK propane POL fitting to a 21.8 LH threaded one, and then fit the Jumbo adaptor.....why bother with two adaptors when one will do if you buy the Gaslow version of the reserve hose rather than the gasit one?

Thanks to you all for the imput, I have to admit; I got a little lost with all the info..I didn’t realise that gaslow hoses will fit the gasit outputs but it must be an industry std....

So after all that; I’m sorted.....as you say Bolero boy, just ordered the hose from gaslow with adapters and 90 Deg bend, £50 ...down the swanni. But it’s a one off cost and I can now stay put with a Spanish bottle if I need too....

Thanks again to all who guided me...

Ray allthumbz
Libraryman2
Libraryman2

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:36 pm

Ray, no worries, good luck...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by biffobear Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Does it do the same as the pol to butane adapter here.
biffobear
biffobear

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Montana
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:33 pm

I heard a story recently about a guy jumping from an aircraft with a parachute. He went, rather quickly, downwards as you'd expect, then realised the parachute wouldn't open. Much to his surprise, nearby, he saw a guy going the opposite way, straight up!

He shouted across to him "Do you know anything about parachutes"? The other guy answered, NO, do you know anything about gas bottles!!!!

As an engineer I will happily play with more or less anything (including nuclear de-commisioning!)..............except gas.
think_smiley_46 think_smiley_46 think_smiley_46

Last edited by IanH on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:39 pm

IanH wrote:I heard a story recently about a guy jumping from an aircraft with a parachute. He went, rather quickly, downwards as you'd expect, then realised the parachute wouldn't open. Much to his surprise, nearby, he saw a guy going the opposite way, straight up!

He shouted across to him "Do you know anything about parachutes"? The other guy answered, NO, do you know anything about gas bottles!!!!

As an engineer I will happily play with more or less anything..............except gas.
Ian,
I totally agree! 
Liam

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
Liam
Liam
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:11 pm

Thank goodness we are not 'playing ' hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Connecting an external gas supply. - Page 2 Empty I expect you to fly Mr Bond

Post by biffobear Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:52 pm

Liam wrote:
IanH wrote:I heard a story recently about a guy jumping from an aircraft with a parachute. He went, rather quickly, downwards as you'd expect, then realised the parachute wouldn't open. Much to his surprise, nearby, he saw a guy going the opposite way, straight up!

As an engineer I will happily play with more or less anything..............except gas.
Ian,
I totally agree! 
Liam
That was in a Bond movie. And I’m sure he said “do you know anything about blue bottles”
biffobear
biffobear

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by biffobear Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:33 am

roli wrote:You should have a none return valve on the cylinder prior to attempting to fill from a cylinder. Not something I would do, you are in effect decanting which is frowned upon
Who frowns upon it Roli? And is it for commercial reasons?  I can understand the health and safety reason if you don’t know or are not confident in what you are doing or your equipment was made and designed by Heath Robinson. Is it that much of a difference than taking gas from a pump on a forecourt all be it a lot slower process. There was a time when filling your car with petrol should be left to the forecourt attendant. 
Ps not having a go, just interested in your view on the subject.
biffobear
biffobear

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2