The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New fairford water ingress

+2
Julesanian
Lorfal
6 posters

Go down

New fairford water ingress Empty New fairford water ingress

Post by Lorfal Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:16 pm

water marks noted inside rear doors on the inside panels. One are runs down left door as you face it from the inside. It runs down the edge where the doors meet. The other is close to the hinged side on the right hand door.
We have had some driving rain, and it has had a wash with a hose to rinse off salt etc.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Typically the world stops for the holidays and there is no one available now till 2nd jan.

SureLy it should be possible to use a gentle hose for washing without water getting in?
Lorfal
Lorfal
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

New fairford water ingress Empty Re: New fairford water ingress

Post by Julesanian Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:51 am

Relax! It's not your fault. We have a new Kingham and have the same problem. Marquis  at Preston have been very good, they said they would replace the panels and the seals. They asked us if we would go to Peugeot and ask them to do  the seals under warranty. Needless to say Peugeot were not interested and claimed it was an auto sleeper problem.

Incidentally  we have had our first habitation check and all the damp reading meter tests were fine.
Julesanian
Julesanian

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham

Back to top Go down

Post by Lorfal Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:54 am

Thankyou ! I’ve left a message with marquis Durham to be picked up after hols
Lorfal
Lorfal
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:36 am

Our Warwick goes back to AS in a couple of weeks for the same problem on the side windows.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:05 am

Ours seems ok, I would look at adjustment before condemning the seals, it’s looks to me like the latching mechanism can be adjusted to hold the doors further shut.
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by Julesanian Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:44 am

That’s good advice. Thanks. I’ll pass it on. That would account for why the dampness has never returned in the last few months, and let me tell you weve done some Lake District hols and been in some cloud ☁️ bursts lol
Julesanian
Julesanian

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:50 am

roli wrote:Our Warwick goes back to AS in a couple of weeks for the same problem on the side windows.

As we also have a Duo same age as yours, is it the fixed windows or the sliding ones? Just so I can keep an eye out.

I have not noticed any water ingress, only when you open the sliding door, which I believe is normal after rain etc.

Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:24 pm

Julesanian wrote:Relax! It's not your fault. We have a new Kingham and have the same problem. Marquis  at Preston have been very good, they said they would replace the panels and the seals. They asked us if we would go to Peugeot and ask them to do  the seals under warranty. Needless to say Peugeot were not interested and claimed it was an auto sleeper problem.

Incidentally  we have had our first habitation check and all the damp reading meter tests were fine.
many wrongs dont make a right....just because multiple Boxers let the damp in, customers should have to chase around to get this most basic of requirements sorted.
AS have been using the Peugeot Boxer base for ages, i cant believe that between them they cant keep water out of a Panel Van rear end.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:27 pm

I think it’s the main window Richard.  It drips down over the door and onto the fabric covered panel..  That’s how we noticed it.   Our dealer had a look at it (they had obviously seen this before) and arranged for it to go back to AS.
We understand the vans are shipped with plain glass, the windows are removed presumably by AS, tinted and refitted - it is this stage where the leak is caused
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:03 am

roli wrote:I think it’s the main window Richard.  It drips down over the door and onto the fabric covered panel..  That’s how we noticed it.   Our dealer had a look at it (they had obviously seen this before) and arranged for it to go back to AS.
We understand the vans are shipped with plain glass, the windows are removed presumably by AS, tinted and refitted - it is this stage where the leak is caused
Thank you for your reply, I will keep a lookout for any damp signs around the windows and report back if any found.

I also understand that the glass is removed and replaced as you say by AS.

Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by bobby b Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:14 pm

The windows have a film applied to the inside,without the windows being removed on ours,if you look carefully you can see the edge.you can just feel it with your finger nail
bobby b
bobby b

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : symbol
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down