The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solar Panel

2 posters

Go down

Solar Panel Empty Solar Panel

Post by dbnosey Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:59 pm

Good evening bow

I was pulling a pull wire through for my Solar panel feed from a MPPT solar regulator to the leisure battery. This was from the cupboard with the Arial amplifier in, behind the fridge and cooker to the leisure battery under the driver’s seat. I had the fridge vents off and my blown air heating was on. The front heater pipe gets quite hot behind the fridge, surely this should be covered with insulation, or not, will it affect the working of the fridge when hot. shrugg
Bit of a struggle but went well until I went to the Auto-Electricians for 13 metres of flat twin 4mm sq wire. Sorry non until Friday if it comes. so_sad I’m pulling two feeds through just in case I fit another battery. So I had to leave all the panels off.

Any way whilst I was doing this I thought “where is the insulation?

Also has anyone fitted two leisure batteries length ways under the driver’s seat?

Colin
dbnosey
dbnosey

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Solar Panel Empty Re: Solar Panel

Post by Dutto Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi there,

The fridge is a "Thermal circulation" type so tread very carefully before fixing it if it isn't broke! wave

On the 12 volt front, I find it is easier to be economical with what we have than to fit and cart around another 30 kilograms of battery! allthumbz

Best regards,

drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down