The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collected Kingham and first night away

5 posters

Go down

Collected Kingham and first night away Empty Collected Kingham and first night away

Post by ymfb1 Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:01 am

so we collected the new AS Kingham at lunchtime. The lady doing the handover was new and whilst very helpful and pleasant needed some more product knowledge herself. It was a bid sad to leave Dilys the T5, but as there were people looking round her before we even drove off I don't think she will be lonely for long.

There were only two hitches, the awning handle was missing and the Dometic toilet had a malfunction which turned out to be a broken link. A short drive round to the service department at least identified the damaged piece and they were able to show me how to stow the table in the overhead bin.

We drove the 30 ish miles home and except running the nearside rear wheel over a few kerbs and having to fill up with diesel the ride was good, a few rattles but not too bad.

We discovered that the girls were both out for the night and decided we would chuck a few things together and go to a local site for a shakedown.

We thought about getting fish and chips but decided to cook pasta.

We managed to forget, kettle, instant coffee, bread knife, washing up liquid etc etc.  

As we had to be home early for me to take out a motorcycle trainee this morning we just packed up and came home for breakfast.

Might try again next weekend.

photos to follow.

Another caravan off the road is a good thing in my opinion, never seen the attraction myself.
ymfb1
ymfb1

Male

Member Age : 60
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Collected Kingham and first night away Empty Re: Collected Kingham and first night away

Post by Kingham Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:08 am

Nice one, pleased you enjoyed it up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham

Back to top Go down

Collected Kingham and first night away Empty Re: Collected Kingham and first night away

Post by rgermain Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:05 pm

ymfb1 wrote:
so we collected the new AS Kingham at lunchtime. The lady doing the handover was new and whilst very helpful and pleasant needed some more product knowledge herself. It was a bid sad to leave Dilys the T5, but as there were people looking round her before we even drove off I don't think she will be lonely for long.

There were only two hitches, the awning handle was missing and the Dometic toilet had a malfunction which turned out to be a broken link. A short drive round to the service department at least identified the damaged piece and they were able to show me how to stow the table in the overhead bin.

We drove the 30 ish miles home and except running the nearside rear wheel over a few kerbs and having to fill up with diesel the ride was good, a few rattles but not too bad.

We discovered that the girls were both out for the night and decided we would chuck a few things together and go to a local site for a shakedown.

We thought about getting fish and chips but decided to cook pasta.

We managed to forget, kettle, instant coffee, bread knife, washing up liquid etc etc.  

As we had to be home early for me to take out a motorcycle trainee this morning we just packed up and came home for breakfast.

Might try again next weekend.

photos to follow.

Another caravan off the road is a good thing in my opinion, never seen the attraction myself.

Same thing happened to me when I sold the Topaz T5, sales dept were outside taking photo's and by the time I got home it was on the net + £6K.

When we went back to collect the Warwick, the new couple were already waiting in reception to have a look round, once again when I got home it was shown as sold.

Easy money for the Dealer and I got more than I thought for it.
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:16 pm

Have you noticed how many new campervan/ motorhome dealerships have spung up on the web over the past few months, no wonder if they can cream off 4-6K on every deal.  shrugg
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Libraryman2 Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:29 pm

Cool....hopefully get mine in 3 weeks smile!

Ray
Libraryman2
Libraryman2

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Corinium FB

Back to top Go down