The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General quality question

+2
Gromit
Longtemps
6 posters

Go down

General quality question Empty General quality question

Post by Longtemps Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi everybody a newby here and I have a general question on quality. I would be very grateful for your experienced comments.
Given that all new Motorhomes from all manufacturer's have problems of some sort and to varying degrees, how do you rate Auto-Sleeper in the general scheme of things? I am currently considering buying a new Warwick XL 2017 euro 6. What, if any, are the current issues with this van?
For your general information my previous vans over the last 15+ year's have all been Autotrail's with a max over 3500kg.
Many thanks for any comments forthcoming.
Longtemps
Longtemps

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

General quality question Empty Re: General quality question

Post by Gromit Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:17 pm

We're on our fourth consecutive Autosleeper.
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Mon May 01, 2017 11:45 am

Most of our problems were minor and I fixed them myself, if I didn't have the ability to do that then I would have been extremely peed off making arrangements to get stuff rectified as this would have been multiple visits to the dealer. We've had 1 issue requiring a repair at the dealer and one recall. 
The van isn't perfect and some people would be more critical than me, I'm trying to be realistic about my expectations of our van and want to enjoy using it rather than upset myself trying to obtain perfection. 
Overall I'm happy so far and we've avoided anything major, like water ingress or something actually not working properly, I'd sum up saying the niggles experienced are down to assembly techniques verses time constraints during production, I felt the pdi should have picked up more than it did.
Would I buy another? Probably yes
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon May 01, 2017 12:09 pm

Longtemps wrote:Hi everybody a newby here and I have a general question on quality. I would be very grateful for your experienced comments.
Given that all new Motorhomes from all manufacturer's have problems of some sort and to varying degrees, how do you rate Auto-Sleeper in the general scheme of things? I am currently considering buying a new Warwick XL 2017 euro 6. What, if any, are the current issues with this van?
For your general information my previous vans over the last 15+ year's have all been Autotrail's with a max over 3500kg.
Hi and welcome to the forum from Bridlington , have a good read through some of the feedback on defects and poor quality control , some members are happy,others are less so.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by mikethebike Tue May 02, 2017 8:42 am

Longtemps wrote:Hi everybody a newby here and I have a general question on quality. I would be very grateful for your experienced comments.
Welcome to the forum.
My opinion is that all motorhomes have problems. I believe that all 2017 stock is sold. Selling like hot cakes springs to mind.
Its best to be near a dealer.Some dealers are better than others.The Autosleeper factory are good on repairs.
If you can fix minor faults yourself it helps.
I personally would not buy new. I prefer a used van that can be checked and the owner quizzed before purchase.Its cheaper this way as well.

Regards

Micky
mikethebike
mikethebike

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Tue May 02, 2017 9:24 am

Hi there and a big welcome to the forum from Filey allthumbz. Quality wise (albeit I do moan about stupid mistakes the factory makes) I think AS are amongst the best. This is our first MH but whenever I talk to unbiased dealers or mobile mechanics they all sing AS's praises and tell us we have chosen a top make up!.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down