The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

carver problems

3 posters

Go down

carver problems Empty carver problems

Post by phillips Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:49 pm

Hi all, help needed, having just got our symbol ready for summer I have filled the water tank up with water, and then pressurized the water system.  I now seem to have a water leak coming from under the van near the inner sill, and directly below the cascade water heater.  On closer inspection the water seems to be coming from the van floor. By the leak there is a "box" like cover that is pop riveted to the van floor, and the drips are coming from there. Once the pressure has dropped the leak stops, to test this out I re-pressurized the system and the leak re-appeared. Has any other members experienced this problem?

What do I have to look out for if and when I remove the carver water heater, gas pipe etc.

Thanks for your help, in anticipation.

Stuart from sunny Swansea. shrugg
phillips
phillips

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : clubman
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

carver problems Empty Re: carver problems

Post by fenderbender Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:07 pm

Could be one of the plastic hose connectors in the back of the carver they get brittle with age, you can get a new pair on eBay and hopefully the old ones will unscrew without breaking up.
Not too difficult to remove the heater but can be tricky to put back because of the hoses and polystyrene cover.
There can be other reasons for the leak, there should be someone else along shortly with info, but the hose connectors are the only ones I've had to do.

Dave
fenderbender
fenderbender
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Transit
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

carver problems Empty Re: carver problems

Post by -mojo- Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:17 pm

Agreed - a cracked/split plastic spigot seems most likely. If yours are the originals, you may find that replacing them gives slightly better hot water flow as well, as I think the non-return valve in one of them was redesigned for the later version.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down