The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

T5 Trooper Roof

Go down

T5 Trooper Roof Empty T5 Trooper Roof

Post by Alf Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:33 pm

We have a 2006 T5  Trooper the solid roof type, In high winds and motorway driving the roof had become noisy and draughty. On investigation the fibreglass roof has developed a slight bow front to back between the locking points, in the centre of this  there was a 10mm gap under the lift up roof seal.

I suppose from being in the locked down position most of the time.

Consultation with the factory proved on the early T5 roof there is very little adjustment.

At each side I have fitted a strip of waterproof 25mmx 12mm self-adhesive foam strip front to back on the roof directly under the lift up roof rubber seal stopping 2” from the start of the curved front spoiler to allow water to run off. The roof seal rubbers sit down on this.

This has cured the noise and draught.

Whilst doing this I have fitted an Aluminium Garage door Draught Seal with a 20mm Brush at the top on the outside of the lift up sides this has cured the Draught from the gap between the lift up roof and lift up sides, and now no need for the pipe insulation on the roof vent as this if now nicely covered.

Only one problem now how to cure the wind noise from the front roof strap which moans in wind when the roof is raised.

Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down