The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV reception

3 posters

Go down

TV reception  Empty TV reception

Post by rich g Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:48 pm

I have a Maxview satellite 2010 and TV ariel(make unknown ) on the roof,but i can usually get a signal off one of them but only a week one.
Do i need to upgrade or replace it with something better if so could some one recommend some where i could go to get it replaced or buy a new one (preferably near Worcester)

rich
rich g
rich g

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

TV reception  Empty Re: TV reception

Post by Rogeraj Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:09 pm

Hi Rich,

Should be okay, the dish diameter really needs to be about 60cm, if pointed to 28 degrees east with clear view it should be okay for the Astra channels. The aerial is all down to location of van,
most have boosters so I guess yours has, if boost is not required, having it on will mess up the signal.
Not forgetting of course that you have to re-scan the tv for the aerial for the new areas you may be in, sorry, I know you know that, but it is worth the mention !!
Saying that, a rescanning of the satellite box may be a good idea.

Roger
Rogeraj
Rogeraj

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:30 pm

rich g wrote:I have a Maxview satellite 2010 and TV ariel(make unknown ) on the roof,but i can usually get a signal off one of them but only a week one.
Do i need to upgrade or replace it with something better if so could some one recommend some where i could go to get it replaced or buy a new one (preferably near Worcester)

rich

Did you resolve your problem? If not please advise which model TV and satellite receiver you are using, what channels you expect to receive and where you are trying the reception?

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by rich g Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:52 pm

Peter Brown wrote:

Did you resolve your problem?  If not please advise which model TV and satellite receiver you are using, what channels you expect to receive and where you are trying the reception?
I found a local dealer and he attached a Sky box and was able to get all channels including free view,
before i usually got either ITV or BBC rarely both.So i bought one off him(apparently its the older type which is smaller than the newer ones)
But i have yet to try it when we on our travels.
rich g
rich g

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:57 pm

Good, sounds like yo are sorted.

Peter #1
Peter Brown