The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2002 Palermo

+2
CC
Richard Knight
6 posters

Go down

2002 Palermo Empty 2002 Palermo

Post by Richard Knight Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:01 pm

Hi, does anyone know where I might get a L.H. vanity cupboard door from as auto-sleeper say it is no
longer available. Ours was missing when we recently bought it. Also can anyone tell me when the cam belt needs changing please.
Regards Richard uncertain:
Richard Knight
Richard Knight

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Palermo

Back to top Go down

2002 Palermo Empty Re: 2002 Palermo

Post by CC Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi Richard

Think you will be lucky to get a replacement door to be honest, cirencester plastics used to supply Auto-Sleeper with the sinks and vanity units etc, but I believe / think these were taken over by CAK Tanks confused3
Have you looked in their catalouge, might be worth a look? http://www.caktanks.com/files/cak_catalogue_2011/2011%20CAK%20CATALOGUE%20LOW%20RES.pdf

As for the cam belt I presume your Palermo is a 2.8 Boxer?
I would expect it be be 60-70k but to be absolutely certain you are probably best to contact your local Peugeot dealership who will soon advise up!

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:20 pm

Cambelts usually have an age limit as well - something like 60k or 5 years whichever is soonest, again check with dealer.
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by andygump Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi

If in doubt, change it. up!

Andy smile!
andygump

Male

Member Age : 86
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

2002 Palermo Empty 2002 Palermo

Post by Richard Knight Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:21 pm

Thanks to all who replied, I will try CAK Tanks and although our Palermo has only 25,700 miles I agree that if in dought it would be better to have it changed.
Thanks again to everyone.
PS. I am a retired electrician so if I can help anyone I will do my best.
Richard Knight
Richard Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi Richard,
On my 06 van, the cam belt reccomendation is 5 years or hundred thousand miles, whichever comes first, unfortunatly, it was the five years, garage told me that the water pump was weeping when they took the belt off, and after I got the bill, the water pump wasn't the only one that wept. hugegrins
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:39 pm

The water pump replacement at the same time is a common occurance. Why they have to hide the water pump behind the cambelt I can't understand, it used to be driven by a separate belt, where you could get at it when you needed to i.e. when it weeped, or seized. Now, even if it isn't weeping, you may as well change it while having the cambelt done, otherwise it will only need doing shortly afterwards and have the cost of a cambelt replacement all over again.
Then again, why have an entire engine at the mercy of a belt made of fibre when chains lasted the life of an engine (usually)! Many modern cars have gone back to a chain, the Avensis I just got rid of had a chain (the 2.2 version - the 2.0 version still had a belt) and don't get me onto 'dual-mass flywheels'!!
Paulmold
Paulmold
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by squip Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:00 pm

The change period for the cambelt on my 2004 van is given in the handbook as "consult your dealer". The dealer should get the answer from Peugeot so why not put the answer in the handbook in the first place???
I consulted a Peugeot van dealer and was told 96000 miles or 8 years whichever is the sooner.
I wonder if I had asked a different dealer would I have received a different answer. In other words will all dealers sing from the same hymn sheet? And that hymn sheet will have been written by Peugeot.
I had my van cambelt changed at 6 years and 31,000 miles. Better safe than sorry.

squip

squip
squip
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

2002 Palermo Empty Thank's everyone

Post by Richard Knight Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:23 pm

Thanks again to everyone it is certainly good advice. I will ask about the water pump as well when I see my mechanic.
Regards Richard
Richard Knight
Richard Knight

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:17 am

I think that it is fairly common practice for dealers to replace the cambelt when they sell you the vehicle. They make a good profit and to ensure their guarantee if they give one, does not get badly stung, they replace the belt.
It may be worth checking if your supplier has already done this; could save a chunk of money if they have.
Alan
Anonymous

Back to top Go down