The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batteries flat

2 posters

Go down

Batteries flat  Empty Batteries flat

Post by Rono Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:04 am

Hi I have been away ( not in van but I left at home without the mains hook up on now the batteries are both discharged, but I cannot open the front and sliding door to release the bonnet catch to try and start the van any ideas ????
Rono
Rono

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Batteries flat  Empty Re: Batteries flat

Post by steamdrivenandy Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:43 am

Haven't they left one door that operates with the key, usually the driver's? On recent Ford Connects the bonnet handle is built in the nearside doorframe, so in such cases even when you get inside the cab, other doors are still locked and you can't open the bonnet. The solution was to use the power left in a power pack plugged into the 12v socket in the boot, accessed by climbing over the front seats, which worked in reverse and gave enough power to get the front passenger door open. That allowed the bonnet to be opened for a jump start. Not having a Sevel van to hand I have no idea if that's any use.
steamdrivenandy
steamdrivenandy

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Batteries flat  Empty Re: Batteries flat

Post by Rono Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:58 pm

No left off ELH for 8 weeks both batteries flat still, charging both batteries one at a time. Thankfully the level has come up enough so we can open the doors and bonnet, if no joy will have to use jump leads in the morning.

Last edited by Rono on Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Rono
Rono

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down