The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sat dish vs Dome

2 posters

Go down

Sat dish vs Dome Empty Sat dish vs Dome

Post by Libraryman2 Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:03 pm

Hi again group:

Another query if I may!   
This time again for my pending Broadway EK TB LP........I will want to fit a TV sat system of some description.
I can get a reduction if I have the semi air suspension and the Sat system fitted together so it makes sense to do that but........
There are so many choices shrugg

I know that I plan to tour as far as Southern Spain....I also know that I've Bob hope of getting a signal down there....so.
It appears there's no point in fitting a large dish ( though your views are important on this point)

What is the most practical option if one considers that cost is not critical?

Ray
Libraryman2
Libraryman2

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Corinium FB
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Sat dish vs Dome Empty Re: Sat dish vs Dome

Post by Liam Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:49 pm

Ray,
I would go for the dish every time - it folds relatively flat when not in use when compared to the dome. Dishes have much less wind resistance and are less likely to be wiped out by an unnoticed overhanging tree branch - you would not have been able to park on some of the pitches we experienced recently on our Spanish trip. 
I understand that the domes covers are very fragile - the material has to be thin in order to minimize attenuation of the signal. 
As an option for consideration, the latest Oyster Caro is much smaller but uses the latest aerial technology and consequently, I understand, is equal to or better than the larger conventional dishes! But it's not cheap!!
I have an 85Cm dish and managed to get Sky news on my recent trip to southern Spain. All other free-sat programs were only obtainable when we reached the Bordeaux region in France. 
Hope this helps.
Liam
Liam
Liam
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down