The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dimensions of a range of AS models

3 posters

Go down

Dimensions of a range of AS models Empty Dimensions of a range of AS models

Post by Robbit M Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi. I am looking for my first van and my list currently includes the VW Topaz, Peugeot Harmony, Peugeot Symphony and Peugeot Symbol.
According to my limited research if I listed these in order of size (small to large) the order would be Harmony, Topaz, Symphony, Symbol (based on length) Is that correct. Does anyone have the definitive dimensions of these models? Finally would you offer any reasons to pick between these please. Many thanks. Rob

up!
Robbit M
Robbit M

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Dimensions of a range of AS models Empty Re: Dimensions of a range of AS models

Post by daisy mae Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:09 am

Topaz has a good loo area with wardrobe in it, and the VW base vehicle is superb, yes I am bias. well built.good height as well. if I remember right approx. 17` there is a thread with all the info on the different models, Google  dimensions of AS models. also the years you are interested in, as they can differ according to the year.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:33 pm

studying Topaz sizes as follows :-- Length 17ft 11ins, Width 8ft(mirrors extended) 7ft 2 ins(mirrors folded), Height 9ft 5ins(with aerial) 8ft 11ins(without aerial). Beds 5ft 10ins x 4ft 10ins.
The Topaz has a grill but no cooker. For preference I would go for the Topaz apart from the bed length I would have bought one from the start.
Lots of information on the VW T4 Camper Info web site including sales literature . I got lots of info about the Gatcombe and Clubman from here. If you can afford it go for the TDI 2.5 engine. Good on fuel and lots of power.
I have grave reservations about Pugs and Fiats hence us buying the Duetto. allthumbz
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:30 pm

Dave 418 wrote:studying Topaz sizes as follows :-- Length 17ft 11ins, Width 8ft(mirrors extended) 7ft 2 ins(mirrors folded), Height 9ft 5ins(with aerial) 8ft 11ins(without aerial). Beds 5ft 10ins x 4ft 10ins.
The Topaz has a grill but no cooker. For preference I would go for the Topaz apart from the bed length I would have bought one from the start.
Lots of information on the VW T4 Camper Info web site including sales literature . I got lots of info about the Gatcombe and Clubman from here. If you can afford it go for the TDI 2.5 engine. Good on fuel and lots of power.
I have grave reservations about Pugs and Fiats hence us buying the Duetto. allthumbz
I take it that is a new Topaz,? Auto sleeper seem to make the newer models larger than older ones.

I had a 2002 Topaz  2.5TDI and it was 5065mm = 16`7"  it was 1` 7" shorter than the Anniversary Clubman that I have now which is 18`2"
I have just double checked
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down