The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

interior renovation

+2
Peel
kwise
6 posters

Go down

interior renovation  Empty interior renovation

Post by kwise Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:51 pm

Hi all, I'm looking to reupholster the interior of my trophy. It's not too bad but could really do with being renovated to make it look its best.  Question is, will it affect the resale value if I replace the carpets and trim with non A/S stuff.  I can't seem to find the exact colours for trim online, especially the head lining, but can get something quite close.  I'd rather have a nice vehicle than a slightly tatty vehicle with the original spec inside.  What are your thoughts?

Thanks
kwise
kwise

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

interior renovation  Empty Re: interior renovation

Post by Peel Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:05 am

There's no way that new upholstery and trim, if it's done well, is going to negatively affect the resale value of a 20-year-old van. Choosing garish colours might deter some future buyers I suppose, but that's all.
Peel
Peel

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:01 pm

I've removed the brown carpet that was fitted to our new 2014 Broadway and had  lighter carpets made off the original pattern.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:20 pm

No , will only enhanced it, Reluxe have Auto-sleeper fabrics, why not go with a more modern one still Auto-sleeper.? I have

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by JerseyTrophy Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:35 pm

As a trophy owner it is on my wish list. If it is done tastefully then I seriously doubt it would negatively effect your resale value, if anything it might do the opposite. Please post pictures if you do. All the best.
JerseyTrophy
JerseyTrophy

Male

Member Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:28 pm

The cloths A/S used varied from one year to another, often so slight it was difficult to spot until alongside another van. My mates Duetto was three years older than mine. The upholstery colours appeared identical....until viewed side by side in daylight. Even the pattern was slightly different, but going from one van into the other, most would have said the upholstery was identical.

A previous owner had cut some of mine away from behind the side bench seat (no idea why as i can't see any repaired area), so i managed to source the original cloth from A/S and bought the last remaining metre which gave me enough to put the seat back to original plus plenty left over if ever i need it.

As for the op wondering about reupholstering in a non-standard cloth, as others have said, if anything it will add to the value. Don't skimp though. Buy good quality cloth in a sensible colour. Your upholsterer should be able to recommend you a suitable cloth but avoid any nylon based cloth which is hard wearing, cheap and easy to clean.....but makes the skin sweat.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by kwise Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:25 pm

Thanks for taking the time to get back everyone.  Good advice.  I'm going to tackle the job myself.  The cushions are fine it's just the panels and the roof lining.  I just need to track down some quality materials.  I need to replace the rear wing and I'm assuming that before any welding can be done, the inside will need to be removed so that any insulation in the panel can be removed.  If that's the case I'll do the two things together.
kwise
kwise

Male

Member Age : 54
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down