The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truma Air Conditioning

2 posters

Go down

Truma Air Conditioning Empty Truma Air Conditioning

Post by bobash Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:20 pm

Has anybody got the Truma Aventa Comfort Air Conditioning Unit fitted? I have one fitted to my Kingham and I am very pleased with it but there seems to be no difference between the low setting and the night setting as regards the speed & noise of the fan. If anybody else has one fitted I would like to know if they can notice any difference between the two.
bobash
bobash

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Truma Air Conditioning Empty Re: Truma Air Conditioning

Post by Liam Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:21 pm

I agree it can be a tad noisy at start up and of course the period of the high speed fan working obviously depends on the difference between the ambient temperature and the required figure. However left on auto it should eventually reached the required temperature, reducing all of the time until it reaches a very low and (reasonably) quiet speed. We used ours in France this year at temperatures of 40C+ and still managed to get very good nights sleep. 
At start up the fan and compressor are obviously working at maximum and then the system gradually reduces as it nears the required temperature and once it achieves the required setting the fan goes into very low speed and is reasonably quiet in that phase - we sleep through it!
The compressor should only be operating for short periods during this time - unless the ambient temperature is extremely high.
Its also good for the occasional quick blast to speed warm up on cold evenings as well as helping to dry things out (via the air conditioning) on wet days. 
Would not be without ours - brilliant!

Liam
Liam
Liam
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down