The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying first time

+2
daisy mae
IAN GREENER
6 posters

Go down

Buying first time Empty Buying first time

Post by IAN GREENER Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:57 pm

Hi , hope to buy a used 2 berth Van or M/H early next year.
Have looked at Symbol(06) and Nuevo(04)
Any advice?
Ian
IAN GREENER
IAN GREENER

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : NONE
Vehicle Year : NONEVehi

Back to top Go down

Buying first time Empty Re: Buying first time

Post by daisy mae Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:13 pm

Hello and asof_welcome2 from Leicestershire. the model / size depends on  want / how  you  use your van, I started off with a small one a Topaz, was very pleased with the base vehicle and also with the Auto-sleeper build so much so when the smaller wasn`t for me, too restricted on space, especially in bad weather, so went for bigger, same base vehicle and an Auto-sleeper, very happy with my choice, it is my everyday vehicle in place of a car.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:40 pm

Hi Ian
Welcome to the forum from Bridlington .
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Carver Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:32 pm

Hi Ian and welcome to the forum.

My wife and I bought our first van this year after looking around for many months.
We finally chose a Symbol and don't regret it.  Ours is a 2003 model but I think will be pretty much the same vehicle as the one that you have looked at.
We chose it because we wish to travel around when we are away and we can park it in a normal sized parking space.
Good luck.
Carver
Carver
Carver

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Buying first time Empty Everyone has a different perspective.......

Post by GCCrow Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:05 pm

Hello and welcome, everyone is different but I can share experience for what it is worth. After thirty years caravanning we bought a Nuevo which we loved and kept for three years but wearied of the transverse bed which means one of you always climbing over the other if you need to get up in the night. We looked around and ended up with a van conversion the Warwick XL which has a single bed option which is perfect for us and a great lounge area in the day. I find the van gives a better driving experience that the Nuevo but that's a very personal thing. Downside of the van is less storage but there are lots of benefits. Good luck with your research and I hope you enjoy your choice. We have been places in the vans all over Europe that we would never have seen as caravanners.
GCCrow
GCCrow

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:25 pm

Well we've had both. Started with Symphony (fore-runner to Symbol), loved it for 5 years, wanted/needed a bigger washroom, one I could actually turn around in, and easier bed-making. You don't have to sleep transverse in a Nuevo, they can be used as singles with the front seats turned around. More room and if you get the ES version you have loads of storage over the cab. The Nuevo almost fits in a standard car park space, a bit wider than the Symphony but only a tiny bit longer, ours is a MK1 Nuevo which became the Classic in MK2 version. Had the Nuevo for two years now. Would, if funds would allow and we move to a property with longer drive, swop to a Warwick but until then the Nuevo does nicely.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down