The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost Cobra alarm key fob

Go down

Lost Cobra alarm key fob Empty Lost Cobra alarm key fob

Post by newterry Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:15 pm

It's gonna be an expensive fortnight- I dropped my Cobra alarm key fob in one of many car parks visited that day. Despite many phone calls said key fob has gone permanently AWOL having originally had the alarm installed 17years ago.
Having managed to get a replacement fob from Vodafone Cobra(as they are now known) I settled into the drivers seat to programme the fob using the touch-in key.
Up 'til now I've never used the touch-in key and found it dead so couldn't de-activate the alarm as per the instructions.

This is Friday lunchtime with the Harmony due to be picked by my local garage (Segensworth Autos) on Monday for a service, MOT, replacement spare tyre and rust repair under the sliding door window.

The service was postponed and a mobile alarm engineer is booked for Thursday to either by-pass the alarm or fit a new one.
As the Cobra is a Cat 1 and on my insurance, a bodge is not going to cut it.

So, add in the cost of a replacement alarm, service, MOT (hopefully no surprises), replacement spare tyre and the rust repair (the door has to come off to get the window out- £250 bodyshop quote). On top of that I've asked for an assessment to re-instate the headlight level adjustment system.

I'm struck by deja vu as this time last year I had a £1000 gearbox repair ...................
Ho hum.
(I also dropped my wife's watch and cracked the glass -£ another ouch.......) oh_blast!
newterry
newterry
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony 1.9TD
Vehicle Year : 1999 reg

Back to top Go down