The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water pump turning on / off

2 posters

Go down

Water pump turning on / off Empty Water pump turning on / off

Post by philcrone Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:48 pm

Hi,  I have a 07 T5 trooper bought last October but only getting going into things now. Just wondering if anyone has come across this problem, when I am plugged into the mains the water pump turns on / off rapidly creating a squirting effect from the tap. When I am just running on leisure battery the water pump runs fine and constant flow from the tap. 

Worried about damaging the pump to be honest, doesn't really create any other problems just a nuisance.

Cheers 

Phil.
philcrone
philcrone

Male

Member Age : 46
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper

Back to top Go down

Water pump turning on / off Empty Re: Water pump turning on / off

Post by Dutto Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:00 am

Hi there,

It could be that you actually need a new leisure battery!

It sounds as if when on EHU the battery is fully charged as what you describe is "normal" for the cold water supply.

i.e. open tap  - pressure falls - pumps starts - rapidly gets up to pressure - pump stops - pressure falls - pumps starts - etc etc etc until tap closed.

If the pump runs a lot slower without EHU the chances are that your leisure battery either isn't being charged properly OR it is rapidly losing charge.

I therefore suggest that you check it out with a multimeter.

Two other things to note are:

1.  The hot water system will take longer to start the pump and longer to stop the pump because there is an expansion tank in the system.  This means that the air in the expansion tank expands to force water from the tap before the pump starts and the pump keeps running for a fe seconds after the tap is closed.

2.  If the water supply is "spluttering" (as opposed to arriving in spurts) then the chances are that the water system isn't properly purged of air.  This is usually due to poor purging technique but can also be caused by a cracked filter on the inlet of the pump allowing air to be drawn into the system.  Please check other Threads for the solution to this problem.

Hope this helps. allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Water pump turning on / off Empty Re: Water pump turning on / off

Post by philcrone Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:39 pm

Thanks Dutto I will check out all of the above, appreciate the help.

Kind regards.
Phil.
philcrone
philcrone

Male

Member Age : 46
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper

Back to top Go down