The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cruise control indicator light on dash board.

4 posters

Go down

cruise control indicator light on dash board. Empty cruise control indicator light on dash board.

Post by geoff brooke Thu May 07, 2015 3:13 pm

When using cruise control, the green tell tale light in the instrument cluster  is illuminated....all correct   However the warning lights for coolant and other failure lamps are
faintly illuminated at the same time
switch cruise control off and the other warning tell tales disappear.
The van is standard with no post factory electrical additions...eg alarm systems
had its first service at the peugot main dealer  (£80 inc vat synthetic oil inc...pl contact me for details  )   book stamped and the dealer can find no fault with the base vehicle wiring and states must be something that AS have wired into the dashboard
AS dealer cant sort...not a mega problem but if anyone has a solution i would be pleased to hear from you.

regards   Geoff
geoff brooke
geoff brooke

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick duo xl

Back to top Go down

cruise control indicator light on dash board. Empty Re: cruise control indicator light on dash board.

Post by modelman Thu May 07, 2015 3:53 pm

I wonder if the other bulbs are getting a bit of 'after-glow' from the one that's on, if the bulbs are not well light-shielded in their housing, then maybe what your'e seeing is only one light, but in other places, if you get my drift!! 
If, however, they ARE partially illuminating, that's usually indicative of an earth fault.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

cruise control indicator light on dash board. Empty Re: cruise control indicator light on dash board.

Post by geoff brooke Thu May 07, 2015 5:03 pm

thanks for info...my money is on a bad earth somewhere....will try removing fuses one by one to isolate faulty circuit....thanks once again; hadnt considered earthing problem.
regards   geoff
geoff brooke
geoff brooke

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by postman Thu May 07, 2015 9:43 pm

Had the same problem on our Warwick Duo. (Plus various random warning lights faintly glowing intermittently and trip computer was unreliable - average speed x number of hours run came to absolutely nothing like the actual number of miles covered). Main agents were unhelpful and disbelieving, so after much internet research I discovered that there had been a faulty batch of Boxer dashboard clusters fitted 2012/13/14 ish.The only fix is a new dash cluster . Again, main dealer were dismissive, but I booked the van in and got permission to speak to an actual mechanic rather than a man in a suit. Said mechanic took one look in the car park and instantly said I needed a new dash cluster and he would get it on order. He said it has been a known fault on certain Boxers. Fitted one week later - instant fix.
Sorry, I can't remember which web site I read about this and of course, it may not be the fault on your van . In our case the faintly glowing lights varied from trip to trip and were inconsistent and even intermittent.
Hope this helps.
postman
postman

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by inspiredron Thu May 07, 2015 10:02 pm

I had exactly that problem - It WAS faulty instrument panel which was replaced under warranty about a year ago. No problem since.  You will find that the afterglow on warning lights (they vary from time to time - I had "faulty immobiliser", plus "faulty light bulb") after turning off ignition goes after about 10 minutes.  I showed the dealer with a coat thrown over his head and the instrument panel.  It is an acknowledged fault on the Peugeot notifications and a main dealer should be able to interrogate that. My instrument panel took a couple of weeks to come.

See [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and links for useful thread.

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Lancashire
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff brooke Fri May 08, 2015 7:30 am

Thanks to all for concurring that there is a known fault....next stop today main peugot dealers to ensure that they order a new instrument cluster.
Seems to be a common theme  :-

chassis dealer blames and transfers responsibility to the converter  (A S )

A S blames Peugot and transfers responsibility to them.

Customer     ?????   between a rock and a hard place !!
geoff brooke
geoff brooke

Male

Back to top Go down