The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Broadway EKTBLP

+11
paul bullock
Jaytee
COMA
nuevoboy
rose49f
Shuggiegreen
Oldfolkie
roli
artheytrate
Paulmold
Bertie Bassett
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Broadway EKTBLP Empty New Broadway EKTBLP

Post by Bertie Bassett Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:40 pm

We picked up our Broadway EKTBLP on the 15th April as planned when we ordered the van from Roger Moran of Moran Motorhomes in Ludlow last November.
We haven't found anything wrong with the van...it is absolutely perfect in every way. We got exactly what we ordered on the date that we ordered it and with all the extras fitted (many given as part of the package by Roger, gratis.) 
We have been away in the van for 6 days and we still can't find anything wrong hugegrins

Are we alone in this experience or are we part of the silent majority who don't normally comment?

Mrs BB and self can say as very satisfied customers that the Broadway is the second van we've bought from Moran's and we would recommend the company without reservation.
Every one of my motorhoming chums who has visited us to see the van has remarked on the quality of the build and fitments within the van. We second that whole heartedly....thank you Auto Sleepers! 
Finally, the van has a name Whistle1 ....................sorry everyone..he is called Bertie and we love him.

topmarks

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

New Broadway EKTBLP Empty Re: New Broadway EKTBLP

Post by Paulmold Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:51 pm

Really good to hear happy customers for a change, enjoy Bertie to the full.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:05 pm

Great news B B that you've got a perfect van, bet his surname is Bassett.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:16 pm

Its good to hear these stories, particularly as they are one of the newer AS dealers.   They obviously do a proper check on the van prior to hand over.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:02 pm

artheytrate wrote:Great news B B that you've got a perfect van, bet his surname is Bassett.

John.

Thanks John, yes I am a (older) man of little imagination, Bassett is the surname. hugegrins

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:05 pm

roli wrote:Its good to hear these stories, particularly as they are one of the newer AS dealers.   They obviously do a proper check on the van prior to hand over.

They were dealers for AS in the early days Roli, they have just returned to the flock having been approached by AS rather than the other way about.
Small family business with Roger the numero uno very much hands on. Can't beat that combination in my view fwiw.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfolkie Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:33 pm

SNAP!!  We bought our Broadway EKTBLP from Roger at Moran's just before Christmas last year.  It was only our second motorhome and we purchased our first one (a Nuevo) from Roger.  We too have nothing but praise for everyone at Morans.  They have always looked after us and treated us very fairly.  We love the Broadway and we are currently on a two month trip in France but we used it in the UK throughout the winter, including spending Christmas at Coniston.  
We have had one minor calamity on this trip, however, when we found the pan storage compartment under the cooker awash with dirty washing up water.  The pipe leading from the sink to the waste tank had come disconnected.  It didn't seem to be long enough to reconnect but luckily I was able to cut down a tube (of tablets) and make a connection that seems to be holding OK.  Has anyone else had experience of this?  I am confident Moran's will fix it on our return.

Best of luck to Bertie and all who ride in him.
Oldfolkie
Oldfolkie

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EK

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:39 am

Oldfolkie wrote:SNAP!!  We bought our Broadway EKTBLP from Roger at Moran's just before Christmas last year.  It was only our second motorhome and we purchased our first one (a Nuevo) from Roger.  We too have nothing but praise for everyone at Morans.  They have always looked after us and treated us very fairly.  We love the Broadway and we are currently on a two month trip in France but we used it in the UK throughout the winter, including spending Christmas at Coniston.  
We have had one minor calamity on this trip, however, when we found the pan storage compartment under the cooker awash with dirty washing up water.  The pipe leading from the sink to the waste tank had come disconnected.  It didn't seem to be long enough to reconnect but luckily I was able to cut down a tube (of tablets) and make a connection that seems to be holding OK.  Has anyone else had experience of this?  I am confident Moran's will fix it on our return.

Thanks for the wishes Oldfolkie and I hope your repair holds till Roger's crew can sort it permanently. 
I don't think there's enough 'Good News' about our vehicles.............the bad experiences get many airings and the good very few. Glad to hear that your experience has been much as ours has been.
Hope the rest of your trip is great! wave

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfolkie Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:46 am

I wholeheartedly concur regarding "good news".  Let's sing the praises of all the positive aspects of our experiences. We loved our Nuevo but had a little wish list of things that would make it just that little bit better. They were all fulfilled in the Broadway plus some additional touches we had not thought of. 
Thanks for the good wishes.
Let the good times roll!
Oldfolkie
Oldfolkie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuggiegreen Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:26 am

I hope you get many years of enjoyment from Bertie.
Shuggiegreen
Shuggiegreen

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Post by rose49f Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:37 am

I also bought my van from Morans and am another fan. Nothing seems to much trouble for them. Lovely family.
rose49f
rose49f
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by nuevoboy Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:21 pm

Good to hear all of the above (apart from the pipe problem).
I just wonder if it's all down to a good 'van straight from Autosleepers or Moran's doing a comprehensive PDI check?

We have visited Moran's once, to check out a Broadway EB and thought they were very obliging (mostly down to the fact that all their salesmen were on holiday snigger ).
Unfortunately, we found their service to be rather better than some of the fitments on the 'van.
nuevoboy
nuevoboy
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:07 pm

Shuggiegreen wrote:I hope you get many years of enjoyment from Bertie.

Thanks Shuggie....Mrs BB and me are very positive right now and if and when the odd mishap occurs we know that it'll be sorted properly. up!

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:08 pm

rose49f wrote:I also bought my van from Morans and am another fan. Nothing seems to much trouble for them. Lovely family.

The last two bits.............. Seconded without reservation.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:16 pm

nuevoboy wrote:Good to hear all of the above (apart from the pipe problem).
I just wonder if it's all down to a good 'van straight from Autosleepers or Moran's doing a comprehensive PDI check?

We have visited Moran's once, to check out a Broadway EB and thought they were very obliging (mostly down to the fact that all their salesmen were on holiday snigger ).
Unfortunately, we found their service to be rather better than some of the fitments on the 'van.

A combination of both I think.
Moran's salesmen are Roger and his son Scott. Though all the team are ambassadors for what ever marque you're buying...and no we didn't fancy any of the Burstners  hugegrins

As to fitments, many of the earlier complaints that I've read about re the Fridge and other bits are always in the back of the mind....but right now this is our seventh van...and it's only the second that we've had no grizzles with at collection. The last one like that was a Duetto bought from Spinney that I think was in 1999, it was Y registered, so I think that's about right. Never had a problem with it throughout the three years we had it and foolishly traded for a Laika (least said censored! )

Male

Back to top Go down

New Broadway EKTBLP Empty ANOTHER SATISFIED BRODWAY EKTBLP OWNER

Post by COMA Fri May 01, 2015 11:15 pm

I collected my Broadway EKTBLP last January and have had the same trouble free experience.
This is my third Motorhome purchased from what used to be Hants and Dorset Motorhomes now part of
Dolphin Motorhomes, Christchurch. They are charming and efficient - I deal with a Director Andy Diggle
for whom nothing is to much trouble.....he has even picked up my previous Compass Avantgarde 140
from my home and returned it after Warranty work on a number of occasions.

The Compass was an 'entry level' van and I was a little disappointed with the build quality but this is the
second A/S that we have owned and I am impressed with the quality.

I agree with others....always easy to grumble....good to hear of satisfaction.
COMA
COMA

Male

Member Age : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldfolkie Mon May 04, 2015 10:43 am

Oh, I should have said, beware the drainage rack attached to the underside of the glass sink cover. Ours did not stay attached for long.
Oldfolkie
Oldfolkie

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Mon May 04, 2015 2:37 pm

Great to hear such positive comments. Ours is also now perfect; was worth the relatively minor hassles getting there allthumbz.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by paul bullock Mon May 04, 2015 2:41 pm

Is the only common factor between Morans and Marquis the M!!!!
paul bullock
paul bullock
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : nuevo ek 2012

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Tue May 05, 2015 12:39 am

paul bullock wrote:Is the only common factor between Morans and Marquis the M!!!!

YES, and I've purchased from both.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Wed May 13, 2015 7:22 pm

Oldfolkie wrote:SNAP!!  We bought our Broadway EKTBLP from Roger at Moran's just before Christmas last year.  It was only our second motorhome and we purchased our first one (a Nuevo) from Roger.  We too have nothing but praise for everyone at Morans.  They have always looked after us and treated us very fairly.  We love the Broadway and we are currently on a two month trip in France but we used it in the UK throughout the winter, including spending Christmas at Coniston.  

We had exactly the same experience, last February in France at about 6pm, on an aire with no mains EHU. Water everywhere and upon investigation, the sink drainpipe had come adrift behind the . I managed to patch it together with gorilla tape and dry everything out till we got home ( 2 weeks later) and then glued the joint with plastic weld stuff. 
No lasting damage, but a nuisance.
Bertie, glad to hear your van is A1. We have a couple of minor problems with ours that I need to get sorted out before the end of the month when the van is 2 years old.
2 side windows are misting up and the side of the fridge door is showing lots of small cracks. Hopefully, these will be fixed by the dealer, going to contact them tomorrow.
Allan
ajrm
ajrm

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Thu May 14, 2015 4:44 pm

Interesting that the sink drainpipe appears to be a problem for a few people now. I'm checking ours out when I get home from work tomorrow. So thanks for the heads up.
Allan I hope you get you problems sorted completely and quickly. I am certain that should we have any problems at all Roger Moran and his crew in Ludlow will sort it for us. Brilliant dealership and I can't praise them enough. 
I repeat though that everyone who has had a look over our 'Bertie' has commented favourably on the build quality.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ajrm Thu May 14, 2015 5:07 pm

Took the van into Choose Leisure today ( my dealer) and they looked at the windows and fridge. Of course, its not sunny today and the windows were clear, but I took photos when the were in the sun and misted up and emailed them to the workshop. They are putting in a warranty claim to AS and as soon as they get authorisation, they will change the windows and door.
Cant say fairer than that! I must admit, I have never had a problem with either AS or the dealer. Everything gets sorted out properly.
Allan

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertie Bassett Fri May 15, 2015 8:15 am

ajrm wrote:Took the van into Choose Leisure today ( my dealer) and they looked at the windows and fridge. Of course, its not sunny today and the windows were clear, but I took photos when the were in the sun and misted up and emailed them to the workshop. They are putting in a warranty claim to AS and as soon as they get authorisation, they will change the windows and door.
Cant say fairer than that! I must admit, I have never had a problem with either AS or the dealer. Everything gets sorted out properly.
Allan

Good thinking getting the photos when the fault was occurring Allan! It's usually the way that the 'fault' fails to materialise when we take the van to the dealers! (Going on our past experience anyway!!Unless you have a Laika when the faults are so many and so obvious that the dealer weeps!)hugegrins

Male

Back to top Go down

New Broadway EKTBLP Empty Update No 1. BROADWAY EKTBLP

Post by Bertie Bassett Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:07 pm

It's been 9 months since we picked our Broadway up so a short update might be useful. We've done just over 5000 miles on two trips to France and five within UK. Are we still thrilled with the van. Oh yes! Have we had any warranty work done, Yes. Were the problems rectified by our dealership (Moran's of Ludlow) to our satisfaction. An emphatic yes.
The problems were. 1. Gas tank needed to be realigned as it was impossible to put the full 20 litres in it. 2. A large external decal started flaking.
3. The bathroom sink outlet detached resulting in wet feet. 4. The drawer under the wardrobe wouldn't reamain on the rails when the boiler was on 5. The cap for the recess for the the island leg broke and was replaced. 6. The waste water tank gauge never worked. 7. The tyre pressure alarm was on constantly after I had adjusted the pressures for a fast trip in Provence at 30 degrees. (Morans sorted this for me too so I didn't need to take it to a Peugeot Main Dealer......I am eternally grateful to Scott Moran for helping me avoid that experience up! .)

We will be piling the miles on this year as Mrs BB retires finally in April and each of my shift stand down fortnights will become 'trips'. Are we still happy bunnies with the van. We are completely sold on the layout, quality of build, general economy and the comfort in all weathers. Would we recommend our van to people we liked hugegrins.  Definately. Thankyou Autosleepers and a really big thankyou to the team at Moran's.

One question for the more knowledgeable members on here. I have purchased a set of winter tyres for the van. I dont want to fit them to the existing alloy wheels but am looking to get good quality steel rims. When I started my 'wheel rim' search I found that there were 4 different rims I  could buy. I was baffled, I know my wheels have 5 holes, right...but offset etc lost me. Any help as to what I should be looking for and where I should be looking for it gratefully received.

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next