The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truma heater

2 posters

Go down

Truma heater Empty Truma heater

Post by Gazza1750 Yesterday at 9:02 am

Calling all Broadway EKTBLP owners!
My Truma heater is installed in a transverse position (looking from the front) which means the control panel is at the rear and the combustion fan is to the right, up against the bathroom wall.
Just been away and the dreaded solid red light came on my dial and the heater cut out within 30 seconds.
Googled it and the information referred to codes!
Stumped, so I rang Truma and a very helpful lady told me the lights are on the heater control panel.
The only way I could see these was to use my wife's makeup mirror and count the flash stages.
It was a code 5 which meant a problem with the combustion fanĀ 
I removed the cover and noticed the small fan was static so I flicked it, nothing.
I tweaked the power connector and it started to spin.
Everything has been working well since.

So here's my question. Is every Broadway model fitted like this? How on earth can you get access to either the control panel or the combustion motor?
Servicing of the Truma must be time consuming and expensive. Also if you had to change the motor, this would be straightforward if it was accessible, but it isn't and may need the whole boiler to be removed.
I'm wondering if the Truma heater could be rotated so I have access to all parts and the combustion motor was at the front. obviously I would do this with a certified gas engineer.

Any tips and ideas welcome.

Gazza
Gazza1750
Gazza1750
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EKTBLP
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Truma heater Empty Re: Truma heater

Post by Paulmold Yesterday at 9:22 am