The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duetto bed cushion support

2 posters

Go down

Duetto bed cushion support Empty Duetto bed cushion support

Post by modman Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:09 am

I have been meaning to find out since last year if there is a support missing on my duetto for the make up cushion behind the drivers seat.

Basically it sits on th elip fitted to the rear of the drivers seat, but the support for the settee side nearest the bulkhead I assume is missing, because the cushion will just dip inwards if pressure is put on it in that area. The outer corner is supported by the angled piece that the cushion slides into for `armrest` mode, but it doesnt have a twin piece for the bulkhead end and so needs the drivers seat butted up to it to stop armrest falling off. In bed mode, I just put a piece of plywood under the main sette cushion to support the make up cushion. Any photos of how it should be would be appreciated so that I can knock something up.

thanks
modman
modman

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Duetto bed cushion support Empty Re: Duetto bed cushion support

Post by Dutto Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:32 am

Hi there,

The cushion that fits into the back of the driver's seat should already have a backing plate .... think_smiley_46

.... but it still tipped over on "Petal"! tap_fingers

I resolved the problem with a length of 1" aluminium angle iron that I happened to have in the garage.

The end near the door fitted in really easily and I "braced and glued" the other end with a lump of Pattex plastic putty (compliments of my local Lidl).

It works a treat and I no longer have the "Oops!" factor as I disappear into the gap when shuffling to sit up to read a book at that end of the bunk.

Hope this helps. allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Added a few pics ...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The slot was (as far as I am aware) was designed to hold the cushion upright to provide an elbow rest for when the seat was used as a sofa.

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by modman Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:57 am

Brilliant! - thanks for that , and for uploading the photos  (dont know how to do that yet) - I was going to do some sort of heath robinson job on it as I too have suffered the `oops` factor. Obviously a common issue then!  I find that the cushion in armrest mode makes the driving position to far forward for me, so I tend to stow it in the overhead locker in order to push the seat back further to enable my spindly old pins to operate the pedals1
modman
modman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:47 pm

modman wrote:..............  I find that the cushion in armrest mode makes the driving position to far forward for me, so I tend to stow it in the overhead locker in order to push the seat back further to enable my spindly old pins to operate the pedals1
Ditto on that, plus never used it as an arm rest when no driving either!  allthumbz

Best regards,
drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by modman Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi Dutto, I found a spare piece of angled aluminium from my greenhouse that should do the job just fine. I dont know about you, but I tend to wind drivers seat back toward front of van and use it as a backrest so that I can lounge on settee whilst watching TV with a pillow behind me. Am looking forward to getting the other bits sorted after seeing what others have done rust wise. It is just such a great layout and with the onboard waste tank, electric/gas options for heating and water and a full oven (bit of a pie lover) , plus the extra storage and worktop lacking on the newer Duetto and even the other AS versions (symphony/rambler) make it unbeatable! I have the added bonus of a safari room that came with the van but tend to just use a windbreak around the extended awning as a privacy day room because it is very quick and doesnt take up any space unlike the bulky safari room kit!

Thanks again for taking the trouble to upload photos and your replies - it is a fantastic forum with a great bunch of people on it and am so glad I joined!
modman
modman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:59 am

blushes   blushes   blushes   blushes

Many thanks.  We try to please (but don't always succeed). allthumbz

Best regards,