The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 Peugeot Boxer Changes

4 posters

Go down

2015 Peugeot Boxer Changes Empty 2015 Peugeot Boxer Changes

Post by Jools Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:03 pm

With our 2015 Warwick XL on order, I was wondering what the differences were between the outgoing model. Not much I was led to believe by the dealers - just a few cosmetic changes to the cab, and the headlights. I thought I would do a little digging on the Peugeot website and see if I could find anything else - and there are a few things that might be on interest.

(NPB = New Peugeot Boxer)

"Halogen Headlights and LED Daytime Running Lights"
- I think we knew about this one.....

NPB includes DAB Digital Radio including Bluetooth and USB input"
- Again this is one of the things that makes the Autosleeper brochure and the dealers are aware of

"Range of updated Engines"
Auto sleeper now have opted for the 150bhp engine as standard - but it looks like there have been a few changes to the engines in this update too

"The injector system has been completely preconceived on the 2.2 HDi engine" (whatever that means!)
......maybe its this "Every NPB HDi engine is equipped with the "Common Rail" injection system"
"The NPB now has a timing chain, instead of a belt, that never needs changing"
"Service intervals extended to 30,000 miles, or 2 years"
- So a few more changes than just the 150bhp engine upgrade

"Several improvements and reinforcements to the NPB bodywork to increase durability and reduce noise"
- That sounds like a good thing!

"New opening mechanisms have been reinforced on the rear doors and hinges have also been made more robust on the side sliding door"
 - Had anyone had problems with the existing doors?

"NPB is equipped with a new design of shock absorber which makes the vehicle more stable and therefore improves acoustic comfort"

"ESP (Electonic Stabilty Program) with traction control"
"Load Adaptive Control"
"Hill Assist" (Automatically holds the vehicle on the brakes for 2 secs during a hill start)
- Are these new - or were these functions on the present van? Living on the edge of Dartmoor, the Hill Assist should be handy!

"The braking systems been completely redesigned and reinforced with larger brakes to improve soundproofing and efficiency. Equipped with four brake discs as standard, the NPB has a high performance braking system to ensure optimal endurance and reliability"
- I think this should mean that the brake pads will last longer between changes!

So that is the list of things that look like have been improved in the new van.
Personally it would have been nice if AS had selected the optional Automatic climate controls in the cab - The heater controls just look clunky to me!

I'm sure the above are all minor improvements on the existing van - interested to hear if any existing owners have had issues with the base van.

Regards
Julian
Jools
Jools

Male

Member Age : 53
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

2015 Peugeot Boxer Changes Empty Re: 2015 Peugeot Boxer Changes

Post by Hubert Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:19 am

Yes, some good changes/improvements to the van. I must admit the press release photos didn't do the new van justice and having a 2014 model couldn't understand the fuss. Having looked at them in the flesh at the NEC, they certainly look better in the flesh.
My only very minor niggle concerns the loss of the large locker under the gearstick, which I find very useful as it holds manuals, maps,cds etc, which is now a cup and bottle holder.

Hubert
Hubert
Hubert
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Jools Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:37 am

I think the locker is still there on the Peugeot Boxer Vans - The Fiat Vans have cup and bottle holders in its place.

Most Autosleepers will be Peugeot based - with the locker.

Only if you select the 130hp Automatic do you get the Fiat cab
Jools
Jools

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:06 pm

Jools wrote:
"Range of updated Engines"
Auto sleeper now have opted for the 150bhp engine as standard - but it looks like there have been a few changes to the engines in this update too

"The injector system has been completely preconceived on the 2.2 HDi engine" (whatever that means!)
......maybe its this "Every NPB HDi engine is equipped with the "Common Rail" injection system"
"The NPB now has a timing chain, instead of a belt, that never needs changing"
"Service intervals extended to 30,000 miles, or 2 years"
- So a few more changes than just the 150bhp engine upgrade

The 2.2 litre engine is from Ford and is known as the "Puma" (as fitted to front wheel drive Transits), it has always had chain, not belt drive for the camshafts.

My 2013 version has 30,000 mile, 2 year service intervals.

The 150 bhp engine is without a doubt a GOOD THING.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:30 pm

Now all they want to do now is produce a vehicle with a Automatic gearbox option, anybody else agree ?

Tony
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jools Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:55 pm

You can now order any of the AutoSleeper Peugeot range with an Auto option, and they use the Fiat base van with the 130hp fiat engine.

The van is almost identical, just a few changes in the cab I think. They are all made in a shared production facility in Italy - along with Citroen.
Jools
Jools

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluffen Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:42 pm

Hello Jools,

I Have not seen a 2015 boxer in the flesh yet but our 2015 Ducato has a lot of the previous problems with our old 2009 boxer cab sorted.
Since the new 2015 boxer and Fiat share the same parts I'm sure you will be very pleased with your new cab version.

The side sliding door appears to have an additional box section welded into the top beam running the length of the door, looks better finished and not so much of a water trap, also seems much easier to close from inside without resorting to the old slam method.

The front windshield and scuttle design and bonding have been revised, our old boxer leaked water down over the engine badly during heavy rain I afraid, 2015 model looks like those days are gone its been bone dry even during the rainy weather.

Rear lights clusters are now accessed externally when changing lamps, previously this was a lengthy job done by removing panels from inside of the MH.

One negative for me is the dash speedometer numerals, on duller days I use the force to gauge how fast were travelling, techno style master piece, smaller dials, smaller numbers.

All in all, nice to drive and comfortable.

I sure your be pleased you waited for a 2015 cab when it arrives allthumbz
Fluffen
Fluffen

Male

Member Age : 61
Auto-Sleeper Model : ex Dorset EL

Back to top Go down