The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whale Gas only heater Duetto

Go down

Whale Gas only heater Duetto Empty Whale Gas only heater Duetto

Post by janian Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:48 pm

I have a Whale gas only space heater in my 1998 Duetto which I am assuming was fitted to replace the original Propex. My problem is this.
Turn the switch to heat and the fan comes on for the normal 30secs or so and the green light comes on to indicate ignition. The fan speeds up at this point and all seems well except the green light only stays on for about 20 secs before going out. The red light does not flash at any point to indicate a fault. ( I know the red light is working as it will flash when there is not enough battery power but the problem shown above is happening on mains hook up)

I have extensively tried the lockout routine as suggested in the handbook but to no avail.

Turning the unit off and on again will result in the same thing happening where the light comes on but for only a short time. I can hear the burner fire up but only for this short time. The gas supply has been checked and is ok.
I have emailed Whale and am waiting for a reply but wondered if anyone here has experienced the same thing.

Thanks in anticipation.
janian
janian

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down