The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Condensation in headlight ?

2 posters

Go down

Condensation in headlight ? Empty Condensation in headlight ?

Post by mike-eastman Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:37 pm

Condensation in headlight ? Conden13

Good Afternoon Folks,

Anyone ever had condensation inside the headlight ? If so how did you cure it ? It is the N/S one on a 2008 Peugeot Boxer X250, the O/S one seems perfectly clear.
I have checked for the obvious cracks or splits in the plastic, as well as the bonding between the front and rear parts but all seem ok.
The bulb cover at the rear seems to be seated properly as well. The condensation didn't clear even after a trip to Wales last week, any ideas anyone, or should I just let it fill up and introduce some Tropical Fish in through the hole for the bulb ? I could then call it a Warwick TF (tropical fish ), and be the first one on the Forum ! Maybe Autosleeper would even take up the idea, but seriously now, I might try one of those sachets to absorb moisture, that you get inside the box when you buy a camera, and retrieve it later, but I would rather find a cure.

Kind Regards,
Mike. scratch head

Last edited by mike-eastman on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : sachets to absorb moisture.)
mike-eastman
mike-eastman

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Condensation in headlight ? Empty Re: Condensation in headlight ?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:03 pm

Hi Mike.
This is a common issue putting a silica pack in the back of the light will help for now but you will probably have a water ingress problem with the windscreen scuttle panel.  
If you search the forum you will find lots of references to this problem.
Email me direct if you can't work out what to do as it can be quite a involved fix.
Good luck
Wallis3
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:10 pm

You can get rid of it (but need to find cause as Wallis3 advised) by removing the bulbs and directing the 'warm' air from a hairdryer into one of the holes. Don't let too much heat develop though.
This should clear the moisture.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by mike-eastman Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:35 pm

Thanks for the replies, I can get the whole lamp off easily enough and do the hair drier trick at the week end. As to the water ingress I have already done some mods already, with a large bore heater hose taking water away from the scuttle, and down through the plastic splash guard in front of the o.s.f. wheel. ( The original shaped hose delivered the scuttle water out through the wing on to the brake pipes ! )
On the near side I have fitted a hose and drain plug, taking the water from that side of the scuttle, again down to a hole drilled in the n.s.f. lower plastic splash guard and out of harms way.
There is one other original hole on the scuttle n.s., close to the end which allowed water down on to the electrics ( not good) so I put a bung in that one.
I have also re-sealed the joint between the two halves of the scuttle, in the centre. 
Have I missed any more places ?
Mike.
mike-eastman
mike-eastman

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:01 pm

Hi Mike.
You will have to seal the scuttle panel to windscreen as water go straight through.
Fit as many outlets in the scuttle as you can this will get rid of the water away from the engine and the headlights. 
Keep going,sounds like you're on the right track.
Regards Wallis3 up!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down