The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duetto flyscreen on nearside (sliding door)

3 posters

Go down

Duetto flyscreen on nearside (sliding door) Empty Duetto flyscreen on nearside (sliding door)

Post by Valandnorm Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:37 pm

We need to replace the flyscreen on the sliding door. Someone has put in a piece of useless/torn net curtain!!!! I believe that there was only a flyscreen on this side of the Transit, no blind? Tried Autosleepers, and they were no help "van too old" they say!!!  (It's 1994).Does anyone have any tips/ideas/info?
Thanks in advance.
Val
Valandnorm
Valandnorm

Female

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman GL
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Duetto flyscreen on nearside (sliding door) Empty Re: Duetto flyscreen on nearside (sliding door)

Post by Bulletguy Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:21 pm

Try ebay. You could also try phoning around a few Dealers though i don't hold out much hope on them. Another possible source are Caravan breakers.

A/S buy in stock on a very limited basis (costs money to keep stock in storage!) and it wouldn't surprise me in the least for someone with a 5 year old van to find there is something they can no longer get!
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Duetto flyscreen on nearside (sliding door) Empty Re: Duetto flyscreen on nearside (sliding door)

Post by Valandnorm Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:31 am

Thanks. Will keep trying-and looking for ideas (or inspiration!).
Val
Valandnorm
Valandnorm

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclops2 Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:30 pm

Hi, I can confirm that there is no blind on the near side Duetto window. I can't remember exactly how to replace the blind but I have done it and I followed an article in MMM magazine around October 2010. I changed the blind because apparently the holes are 2mm square and the west highland midge is only 1.5 mm. You have to take out a lot of screws all fairly obvious as I remember. I replaced it with a piece of net curtain. I need to have another go at it as I noticed the net is coming away in one of the corners.
 Good luck

Pete
cyclops2
cyclops2

Male

Member Age : 85
Auto-Sleeper Model : 1998 Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Valandnorm Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:42 pm

Thanks, Pete. We'll probably have to do the same. We could do with trying to get hold of the article from MMM, too.
Val
Valandnorm
Valandnorm

Female

Back to top Go down