The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Overhead kitchen cupboards

2 posters

Go down

Overhead kitchen cupboards Empty Overhead kitchen cupboards

Post by Linda Burton Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:31 pm

We have a 2005 Peugeot Boxer van conversion and have a problem with the design of the overhead kitchen cupboards and wondered if anyone had re-designed them to make the contents easier to access.  They are rather deep (height-wise) and you cannot see what is in the cupboards.  There's also a lot of wasted space.  I notice that the older versions of the Boxer conversions have a small flap below the overhead door, which made smaller stuff more accessible.  I'm rather short and even with a stool I struggle to get the cups out!  I call them my Mary Poppins cupboards, 'cause they go down such a long way!
Linda Burton
Linda Burton

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot Boxer

Back to top Go down

Overhead kitchen cupboards Empty Re: Overhead kitchen cupboards

Post by theBeeGees Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:49 am

My husband has put a shelf in one of these cupboards so that less important stuff goes on top.  Also I have a  couple of clear plastic boxes with all my condiments in ie. salt 'n pepper, marmite, mustard, herbs, oxo cubes etc.  It's much easier to get the whole box down than rummage around blindly.  Lakeland do a box with a handle at the front, but I fear it may be too deep for the cupboards. However, I have a struggle to reach the mugs and need a small step. Only other option would be to site the cups at below worktop height, and, as before, have lesser used items up top. wave
theBeeGees
theBeeGees

Female

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down

Overhead kitchen cupboards Empty Re: Overhead kitchen cupboards

Post by Linda Burton Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:06 pm

Many thanks for your tips, very useful.  We'd thought of putting a shelf in but in the meantime I've been using Tupperware-type boxes for the smaller stuff, as you have!  I appreciate your comments.   up!
Linda Burton
Linda Burton

Female

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot Boxer

Back to top Go down