The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symphony

5 posters

Go down

Symphony Empty Symphony

Post by Kathys-Cottage Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:52 pm

Just 2 quick issues regarding a Peugeot Symphony 1.9 and any ideas appreciated. 

1.  When using the fridge on 12v should a red light come on in the rocker switch on the fridge?

2.  I cannot get the the blown air system to blow out hot air, cold air is perfect, but whenever I set thermostat for hot air it only blows cold, even when set to maximum and then cuts out as though the operating temperature has been reached even though it's  set to maximum.  It seems to have one spot on the dial where it cuts out and comes back on but still blows cold?
Kathys-Cottage
Kathys-Cottage

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : P/geot Boxer Symphon
Vehicle Year : 1997

Back to top Go down

Symphony Empty Re: Symphony

Post by boxerman Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:20 pm

Kathys-Cottage wrote:Just 2 quick issues regarding a Peugeot Symphony 1.9 and any ideas appreciated. 

1.  When using the fridge on 12v should a red light come on in the rocker switch on the fridge?
Yes, but only when the "ignition" is on

2.  I cannot get the the blown air system to blow out hot air, cold air is perfect, but whenever I set thermostat for hot air it only blows cold, even when set to maximum and then cuts out as though the operating temperature has been reached even though it's  set to maximum.  It seems to have one spot on the dial where it cuts out and comes back on but still blows cold?

Don't know what system you have, mine's a propex 1600 and on mine I would say it's out of gas, or the gas has been turned off.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : '95 Symphony
Vehicle Year : 1995

Back to top Go down

Symphony Empty red light

Post by fisherman3 Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:30 pm

the red light in the rocker switch is usally an indicator that your igniter is working when you are using the fridge on gas.it flashes when working.12 v or hook up on.
fisherman3
fisherman3

Male

Member Age : 84
Auto-Sleeper Model : rambler

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:53 pm

On my fridge, there is a green rocker switch for mains power (lights up green when on) and next to it is a smaller red rocker switch for 12v supply (lights up red when on).
There is another red rocker switch next to the gas controls which, when switched on, flashes when the igniter is igniting and goes out when the gas is lit.

Frank
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:35 am

If you have a Carver P4 (the letters P4 are on your thermostat control if it's a Carver) there is a 'factsheet' with fault chart here..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(labelled wrongly as C4)

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathys-Cottage Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:15 am

Thanks to all for the replies.  I now have to find out why I have no red light on the fridge rocker switch as plainly there should be one.  In regard to the heater it is a Propex 1600, I have just doubled checked and there is gas and turned on but still no hot air?
Kathys-Cottage
Kathys-Cottage

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by boxerman Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:45 am

Kathys-Cottage wrote:Thanks to all for the replies.  I now have to find out why I have no red light on the fridge rocker switch as plainly there should be one.
If we are talking about the one next to the green switch, it will only come on whenthe ignition swittch is on.

In regard to the heater it is a Propex 1600, I have just doubled checked and there is gas and turned on but still no hot air?
Have you checked the gas isolator tap under the cooker?
Someone had a problem with a propex a couple of weeks ago and the manufacturers gave him details of how to bridge out the thermostat to check if it was faulty. If you use the search box, you should be able to find it.

Frank

EDIT:
Found it:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
boxerman
boxerman
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathys-Cottage Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:20 pm

Thanks boxerman went to the search link you gave and will try what was suggested.
Kathys-Cottage
Kathys-Cottage

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:10 pm

I'm fairly sure that not all Electrolux 3-way fridges have illuminated power switches.

I know that the one on the Trafic-based 1992/3 conversion that I had a few years back had illuminated switches, but I'm pretty sure that the 1999 Ford-based one did not - both the red and green switches on the left hand side of the fridge were more opaque than on previous versions and had no backlight at all. However, the ignition button on the right was transparent orange, and this did flash while the ignition was operating.

I'm fairly certain that these were the switches that were originally fitted to the fridge, and not service replacements.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down