The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Click and go

4 posters

Go down

Click and go Empty Click and go

Post by harrynibble Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:20 pm

Does anyone have any views or advice on the 'Click and Go' gear changing system? It is fitted to our 2003 Symbol which we purchased about a month ago. 

We haven't tried it out yet and don't know if there are any advantages in learning how it works.

Any opinions will be appreciated.
harrynibble
harrynibble

Female

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot

Back to top Go down

Click and go Empty Re: Click and go

Post by -mojo- Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:11 pm

I'd never heard of it before, but it seems to be an aftermarket autoclutch, sold by Vehvac in Kent.

Not sure that it's a very popular option now that auto boxes have become as economical as manuals, but it's an expensive bit of kit (over £1.6k at current prices) so you might as well give it a try and see if you like it.

I doubt it will have the level of control needed for things like hill starts, but for general use once you're moving it will no doubt save a bit of effort for your left leg...
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:39 pm

Hi there,

I have a pair of arthritic knees and we looked at fitting the auto-clutch system to "Petal" when we first bought her in the hope that it would ease the pain on city journeys (i.e. the ones where I expected to be changing gear every two minutes) but the price put us off.

In the end we decided to avoid cities (not difficult as we hate them anyway!) and invest the money in a Cruise Control System instead.

The CC System has been a great success and we have managed to rack up 35,000 miles in the last three years so I would imagine that learning how to use the auto-clutch system would be well worth the effort; especially when travelling through cities and negotiating traffic jams.

Hope this helps.  allthumbz 

Best regards,
 drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Click and go Empty Click and go

Post by harrynibble Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:30 am

Thanks for your comments. When I find a quiet bit of road, I will try it out!
harrynibble
harrynibble

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:26 pm

Hi Harry,
I have used one for eight years now ( i have a disability that effects my left leg) you do have to get used to it, I find it a boon in slow moving traffic as I don't have to use my leg = no pain.
changing gear has to be done more slowly, find it difficult reversing up a slope as it tends to surge backwards, not good when reverse parking lol, you can however take control without switching it off on slow manoeuvres, one downside, if you are coming down a steep hill like porlock, you need to do it manually to come down in a low gear as when you brake it dips the clutch, over all I am pleased to have it, but it's not as good as proper automatic.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by harrynibble Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:02 pm

Thanks for the tips, Pete. 
Conventional gear changing does not bother me, but when I have a few minutes to spare, I will see what I make of it.
harrynibble
harrynibble

Female

Back to top Go down