The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water tank nut

4 posters

Go down

Water tank nut  Empty Water tank nut

Post by Linda Sat May 03, 2014 12:33 pm

Hello everyone,
We have just joined your very helpful club, and wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to how we could remove the water tank.  The tap had sheared off, so it is very difficult to close.  My Husband took the whole tap assembly off to fix it, not realising that there was a locking nut behind,  shrugg so now the nut is at the bottom of the tank, and he needs to retrieve it to lock it back on after he has fixed the tap.
Linda
Linda

Female

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony

Back to top Go down

Water tank nut  Empty Re: Water tank nut

Post by Harper22 Wed May 07, 2014 12:05 am

I havent tried to remove the one on my harmony yet but had to remove a waste tank on a Ravenna for exactly the same reason. They hare under-slung with long hooked bolts and angle iron strapped under the tanks. its simply a case of trying to get under the van and loosening off 4 bolts. ( i did however have to slacken the handbrake cable on the ravenna as this passed straight under the said tank but think van conversion ones should be easier. the only problem i could foresee is they are a bit low to the ground so maybe roll her up onto your levelling chocks to give a bit more clearance? once the tank is off there is an access panel in the top of them that can be unscrewed to allow "some" access to inside the tank to hold the nut while putting the tap back in. I would also suggest you swap the tap for a metal ball valve one as they seem far sturdier, I shall when my plastic ones snap that's for sure
Harper22
Harper22

Male

Member Age : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Wed May 07, 2014 8:35 am

Thank you for the advice Harper,

my Husband has ordered a new tap, so will have a go at fitting it as soon as it arrives. 
All the Best
Linda
Linda
Linda

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed May 07, 2014 9:00 am

Just be aware that the feeder pipe to the van goes up through the floor and you need to ensure you have enough slack to lower the tank.

Peter

Peter #1
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Wed May 07, 2014 9:12 am

Ok, Thanks Peter, Will tell my Husband that.

Kind Regards
Linda
Linda
Linda

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Wed May 07, 2014 9:15 am

Would there be any diagrammes or picture details anywhere please.

Thanks
Linda
Linda
Linda

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by WEXFORDBELLE Wed May 07, 2014 11:44 am

Hi,

I have removed my tank on my symphony a couple of times, once to replace the tap which had broken, it was quite straight forward as I raised the

back of the van up on ramps, spray WD40 on the hanger nuts to make it easier to remove them as they tend to rust,

I also removed the pipework so that I could remove the tank completely from the van so that I could get access to the removable Cap on the top of

the tank. I found the original Plastic tap not that good as it is difficult to tighten up the nut in the tank without overriding the plastic thread and then

it became slightly loose again I tried this several times and gave up,

I then went to screw fix and brought a brass tank ball valve  tap the results were brilliant a quarter turn and then a fast dump of water. When replacing

I found the wooden battens/spacer  were slightly loose so I siliconed them back in place, when I started to replace the tank I raised it into position on my

trolley jack which held it in the right position tight up to the bottom of the van and hung the hangars etc in comfort.

Sorry forgot to mention make sure the tank is completely empty (obvious I know  up! ) and when replacing the Cap on the top there is a large o ring make

sure that is seated properly and tight you may need to silicone this, if you don't get this right having replaced it when you fill up the tank water will pour out!!!!

Hence that,s why I did it a couple of times LOL  lol4 

Hope this helps
Pat
WEXFORDBELLE

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symphony

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda Wed May 07, 2014 1:44 pm

Hello Pat,

Thank you so much for that Pat, yes that is very helpful

Kind Regards