The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

water tank draining.

4 posters

Go down

water tank draining. Empty water tank draining.

Post by bazil Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:43 pm

Hi Guys
We have a Warwick XL, and I have been trying to fill the water tank, problem is when I follow the instructions to drain the boiler I loose all my water from my tank. We don't want to leave water in the boiler due to it being cold on a night. Anybody got any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Baz
bazil
bazil

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

water tank draining. Empty Re: water tank draining.

Post by Tengah74 Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:57 pm

My question is, why would you only want to drain the boiler only and not the water tank as well. If it is for frost protection, drain everything!! We have a Sussex Duo, and if you open the boiler drain, it also drains the main water tank. I guess that is the way the system is designed. However, the Warwick XL may be different.
Tengah74

Male

Member Age : 83
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex duo

Back to top Go down

Post by bazil Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:10 pm

We were out wild camping the other night and the temperature dropped, when we woke up the next morning we had no water at all because the automatic drain had operated on the boiler and drained all our water , the van is well insulated to allow use in cold weather but if the water is going to be drained off when the temperature drops to 3 degrees it is going to make it difficult to use in cold weather. So my thought was to just drain the boiler and save the water in the tank.
bazil
bazil

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:11 pm

Bazil wrote:We were out wild camping the other night and the temperature dropped, when we woke up the next morning we had no water at all because the automatic drain had operated on the boiler and drained all our water , the van is well insulated to allow use in cold weather but if the water is going to be drained off when the temperature drops to 3 degrees it is going to make it difficult to use in cold weather. So my thought was to just drain the boiler and save the water in the tank.

Didn't you have the heater on if it was so cold? Running the Combi would have kept the dump valve warm and so no water loss.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by bazil Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:23 pm

Hi Sposepe

No we did not have the heater on. We are new to campervans being more used to being in a tent, we have down filled winter sleeping bags and on the night in question I was a bit too warm in my bag in the van. So
 are you saying that if it is going to be a bit frosty outside we should run the heater?
bazil
bazil

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaytee Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:53 pm

If the Warwick is the same as my Winchcombe I just leave the water heater on and that keeps the under bunk area where the auto drain valve is quite warm enough to prevent the valve opening.  up!

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 76
Auto-Sleeper Model : Winchcombe
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down