The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AutoSleepers Trident - Fridge & Toilet

4 posters

Go down

AutoSleepers Trident - Fridge & Toilet Empty AutoSleepers Trident - Fridge & Toilet

Post by KayDodsworth Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:36 pm

We have a 1991/92 Trident which we have owned for just over four years. Suddenly this year we have encountered the demise of the Electrolux RM212 fridge and the Porta Potti! In the latter case we have been unable to find a replacement to fit the designated cupboard - all the new ones we've looked at are too big.
In the case of the fridge, which smelled strongly of a fishy sort of gas and packed up, we have been told it's not repairable and we need a new one - but the cost is prohibitive! Well it is for us anyway. Does anyone have any advice/information/ideas? We would be extremely grateful as we love our old lady.
KayDodsworth
KayDodsworth

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident

Back to top Go down

AutoSleepers Trident - Fridge & Toilet Empty Re: AutoSleepers Trident - Fridge & Toilet

Post by CC Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:52 pm

Hi kay

our 2001 Trident is fitted with a 335 porta-potti, which seems to have been discontinued, looking at Thetfords site it looks like the porta-potti 135 is now the baby throne and without measuring would think this would fit? have you looked on ebay? I saw some 335's listed on there a few months back when I was looking so might be worth a try?

As regards the fridge I'm guessing a new one is your only option if it's beyond economical repair.

CC

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

AutoSleepers Trident - Fridge & Toilet Empty Re: AutoSleepers Trident - Fridge & Toilet

Post by Ramblingon Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:35 pm

My fridge packed up on my Koncord (same as a trident) I found Second hand fridge on ebay took it to simon Patterson in Worcester and he got me a working model from the two, I left him the leftovers by way of a tip and the cost was very reasonable for the work he put in.
07786 516121.
Ramblingon
Ramblingon
Donator
Donator

Female

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by stevomar Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi Kay and welcome to the Forum

I've just typed RM212 fridge and Thetford 335 into Ebay and it came back with several examples of each- some even Buy it Now
Cheers
Stevo

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident

Back to top Go down

Post by KayDodsworth Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:52 pm

Many thanks for the advice. I guess a look on e-bay is the way to go, so will give that a try.
KayDodsworth
KayDodsworth

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:49 pm

Hi Kay

Just curious did you manage to get hold of a Thetford 335?

I was in Go Outdoors (Norwich) today and saw they had them on the shelf?
If you have a store in your area might be worth popping in smile!

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KayDodsworth Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:11 am

Many thanks Cruising Comet. No stores round here as far as I know so may take a trip to Norwich! Just got back from a lovely weekend in the van at Chatsworth. Happy camping!
KayDodsworth
KayDodsworth

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:12 pm

Not sure if you managed to get hold of a Thetford 335 or not yet Kay?
if not just noticed Cak tanks also have them listed in their catalogue (page 60) here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

CC

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KayDodsworth Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:38 am

Thanks Cruising Comet, just off this morning for a week on the Isle of Wight in the camper van, so will check it out when we return. Many thanks for your help.
KayDodsworth
KayDodsworth

Back to top Go down