The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broadway EB

+5
murph
raymondo
Joe janssis
nuevoboy
yammy
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Broadway EB  - Page 2 Empty Re: Broadway EB

Post by ajrm Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:17 pm

Rob, my camera comes on when I select reverse. It points down so I can see the rear of the van and also about 30 feet or so behind. If I want it on when travelling, I press the remote control button. This is great till night time, the screen is distractingly bright with a car behind, so I generally turn it off at night.
Allan

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by yammy Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:30 pm

ajrm wrote:Rob, my camera comes on when I select reverse.  It points down so I can see the rear of the van and also about 30 feet or so behind. If I want it on when travelling, I press the remote control button.  This is great till night time, the screen is distractingly bright with a car behind, so I generally turn it off at night.
Allan
thanx Allan, wasnt sure if it was a permenant feed but if you can select on or off and you can see right up to the back of your van then thats brilliant. thanx Ron
yammy
yammy

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP TB
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:47 pm

HI Yammy did you decide against having the Broadway,we pick up our new Broadway EB on March 1st, as it's 2013 model it has the grey worktops, stunning looking van. We will miss the fixed bed and cavernous garage that our Auto Roller as, but we couldn't go for the FB as it wouldn't fit on our drive, but the Auto Sleeper is by far better quality in build and fittings especially the bathroom. Having air assisted suspension fitted before we pick it up.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by yammy Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:16 am

artheytrate wrote:HI Yammy did you decide against having the Broadway,we pick up our new Broadway EB on March 1st, as it's 2013 model it has the grey worktops, stunning looking van. We will miss the fixed bed and cavernous garage that our Auto Roller as, but we couldn't go for the FB as it wouldn't fit on our drive, but the Auto Sleeper is by far better quality in build and fittings especially the bathroom. Having air assisted suspension fitted before we pick it up.

John.
Hi John - th EB is still top of my list , the only other option is the Stanton which is the same as the Nuevo but on a Merc gearbox which i love but it is very expensive. I think the EB layout is the best i have ever seen for a 2 berth as the kitchen has so much space and the bathroom is more like a changing room, its fantastic. I wouldnt worry about moving from a fixed bed to the EB setup as it only takes seconds to make up. i also love the lounge area as you could quite happily sit 6 people round and i really like the idea of "feetup" lounging. i know you can get the Merc version of the EB, called the Winchcombe but its 7.2 metres and that is another 3 feet longer than the Broadway EB and will def not fit on my driveway. i think you have made a fantastic choice and i am sooooo jealous. i am sure you will def be happy with the EB, please keep me updated when you pick it up, so exciting !!    allthumbz
yammy
yammy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi yammy, I will keep you posted how we get on with the EB.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by yammy Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:22 am

artheytrate wrote:Hi yammy, I will keep you posted how we get on with the EB.

John.
Thanx John, look forward to your review.

cheers
Rob
yammy
yammy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi again yammy, we picked our Broadway EB up on Sat 1st March and we're delighted with it, 1t's a Palace on wheels, loads of storage and wow that shower changing room.
We will be driving it down to Benidorm in 3 weeks, for a 6 week stay, I will let you know how we get on.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:23 pm

Sorry for the delay in getting back , my insurance had insured my Clubman for 6, I told her there was two settees and no seat belts, they checked with the insurance assessors and sent my insurance certificate with seating for 6, 2 cab and 4 rear. I have no intention of taking more than 3 others as well as myself occasionally,  just take two others sometimes.my Anniversary Clubman is a 2003

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by yammy Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:25 pm

artheytrate wrote:Hi again yammy, we picked our Broadway EB up on Sat 1st March and we're delighted with it, 1t's a Palace on wheels, loads of storage and wow that shower changing room.
We will be driving it down to Benidorm in 3 weeks, for a 6 week stay, I will let you know how we get on.

John.
Hiya John

absolutely fantastic, very jealous of your purchase, you must be very excited about your forth coming trip, sounds brilliant. I take it by the sounds of it that the van is everything you expected and more !! :)  was there anything that you werent happy with or did everything run smoothly? very interested in anything you have to say as its top of my list, I cant see anything else that matches the EB for space, build quality, equipment and cosiness !!

cheers Rob
yammy
yammy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by artheytrate Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Hi yammy everything went smoothly, the only thing that I would change is the whale water filler as there's no way you can fill water tank other than from a stop tap, so if on a site with no water at the pitch you have got to leave your pitch to top up. I've been used to carrying a watering can and keeping myself fit.

John.
artheytrate
artheytrate

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by yammy Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:11 am

artheytrate wrote:Hi yammy everything went smoothly, the only thing that I would change is the whale water filler as there's no way you can fill water tank other than from a stop tap, so if on a site with no water at the pitch you have got to leave your pitch to top up. I've been used to carrying a watering can and keeping myself fit.

John.
hi John

glad everything went great, i am sure you have probably sorted it but if you mention to the dealer that you would like to add a normal filler next to the "whale" system then they could do it for very little cost.

cheers
Rob
yammy
yammy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:42 am

Broadway EB  - Page 2 WhaleAutofil_Page_2_zps13aa2b49

You can use your watering can with a whale submersible pump - see above.  Whether a gravity fill can be added to your van depends on the location of the tank.  If it can be done the Service Centre will do it but I don't think its cheap.

If you search the forum for Whale you will find several extensive threads on the subject.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by yammy Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:58 pm

Thanx for the info Peter

Cheers

Rob
yammy
yammy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:17 pm

I wish they had Aldi Heating
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:17 am

tony50 wrote:I wish they had Aldi Heating

The Alde heating system is very effective but also with water circulation and radiators VERY heavy. To accommodate the weight in an Autosleeper would require a considerable downgrade of the quality build materials that are the essence of the Autosleeper.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by yammy Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:53 am

Peter Brown wrote:
tony50 wrote:I wish they had Aldi Heating

The Alde heating system is very effective but also with water circulation and radiators VERY heavy.  To accommodate the weight in an Autosleeper would require a considerable downgrade of the quality build materials that are the essence of the Autosleeper.

Peter

I was put off the idea of Alde heating for a couple of reasons, firstly they tend to be at head height so when you are sleeping your head will get very hot and with blown air heating it starts at a lower point and spreads better and secondly anything that involves water means there would be more to go wrong (involving water) and more expensive to repaire plus as Peter had said,  very heavy. This is my opinion. i am sure Alde would be great in a large motorhome but there again i would like owners with Alde to tell me different !!  smile!
yammy
yammy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:02 pm

I cannot understand the head height and head getting very hot when sleeping, not so, the heating pipes run along the back of settees. beds and cupboards, near to the floor, all around the van, in shower room we have a radiator next to the toilet, brilliant having warm towels and not a cold room to go into, can be left on very low through night, or programmed, beds are warm if on high enough, through the mattress though not near the head .Best thing since sliced bread, just have to make sure the tank water is at the correct mark and antifreeze added.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by yammy Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:21 pm

daisy mae wrote:I cannot understand the head height and head getting very hot when sleeping, not so, the heating pipes run along the back of settees. beds and cupboards, near to the floor, all around the van, in shower room we have a radiator next to the toilet, brilliant having warm towels and not a cold room to go into, can be left on very low through night, or programmed, beds are warm if on high enough, through the mattress though not near the head .Best thing since sliced bread, just have to make sure the tank water is at the correct mark and antifreeze added.
all i was saying is that when you are lying down, your head is at the same height as the top of the radiator, as you say, running along the top of the settees. The same i would presume as having your bed at home with a radiator by your head without a headboard !! I was told this when i asked about having Alde heating in a van. I am sure it has great points as you have stated but I am just putting my point of view up for discussion. IMO.
yammy
yammy

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:48 pm

yammy wrote:
daisy mae wrote:I cannot understand the head height and head getting very hot when sleeping, not so, the heating pipes run along the back of settees. beds and cupboards, near to the floor, all around the van, in shower room we have a radiator next to the toilet, brilliant having warm towels and not a cold room to go into, can be left on very low through night, or programmed, beds are warm if on high enough, through the mattress though not near the head .Best thing since sliced bread, just have to make sure the tank water is at the correct mark and antifreeze added.
all i was saying is that when you are lying down, your head is at the same height as the top of the radiator, as you say, running along the top of the settees. The same i would presume as having your bed at home with a radiator by your head without a headboard !! I was told this when i asked about having Alde heating in a van. I am sure it has great points as you have stated but I am just putting my point of view up for discussion. IMO.
I just cannot believe this, Have you read my reply, obviously not, RADIATORS BACK OF SETTEES NEXT TO THE FLOOR, how is at that head height, radiators are in shower rooms, rest of van is tubes running along the FLOOR at the back of settees etc I don`t know who told you this or possibly you have misunderstood, go to a show and look at the models they have there and see where the pipes run if you don`t believe me.

That is it if this is the mentally of members on here I cannot do with the it, I am not renewing my membership, .I am a member of two other forums so I will support them. I was trying to help by saying how it is not how you think it is. I am now speechless, good I hear you say. '
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:52 pm

Ok I was in haste, I was so taken aback, I thought I was on the other forum where I sometimes wonder about some of the replies, so I do apologise unreservedly, hope it is accepted, I still do not get the reply that I did though.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:02 pm

Having a caravan with Aldi heating and testing it in Wales in freezing conditions 2 years ago , I can say that you get all round heat ,which unlike warm air it does not dry you out, and I would add I will never buy a Motor home without Aldi heating after experiencing it .
On the question of weight alloy small radiators one pipe running all round vehicle small amount of coolant I don't see that adds up to much weight, as regards to cost of maintaining yes it has a boiler for heat and water heating , (so does a warm air system ).the coolant is car anti-freeze , it's made I think in Sweden or Norway , it is used on canal boats etc .
On the negative side , it takes 15 minutes or so longer than warm air system to heat vehicle up , but when it is warmed up it's gives you that home central heating feeling , try it you will not be disappointed , head height radiators where did that come from ?

Tony A.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2