The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best location BBQ point on Windsor ???

2 posters

Go down

Best location BBQ point on Windsor  ???  Empty Best location BBQ point on Windsor ???

Post by mike Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:18 pm

Thinking of getting my local habitation service guys to fit a BBQ point on my Windsor but not too sure where to position it other than on the door/awning side of the wagon.  Does anyone have a preferred position on the body or should it be fitted in the skirting below the floor level. Also is it better to tap into the system inside the gas locker or by the fridge to minimise the copper pipe run. Is it normal to have an on off valve or do most people rely on the outside fitting to remain gas tight when the BBQ is not connected. Does any one know where A/S fit theirs on the new 1013/2014 builds.
Lots of ifs and buts I know, however I want to get it right and safe.

Mike
mike
mike
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Windsor on Mk7

Back to top Go down

Best location BBQ point on Windsor  ???  Empty Re: Best location BBQ point on Windsor ???

Post by roli Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:21 pm

When I fitted the refillable gas cylinder I decided the body thickness was not enough to mount the fill point. I appreciate the bbq is not as substantial.  I mounted the fill point in the locker and its been fine.  With. any gas installation the most direct short route is normally the best - less pipe and joints
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down