The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie Symbol Owner

2 posters

Go down

Newbie Symbol Owner Empty Newbie Symbol Owner

Post by mikemelson Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:42 pm

I have described my Symbol in the "New member introduction" section of this site.
In that post I mentioned the reasons for choosing it, the alterations & additions I have carried out & some that have been done by a previous owner.
The most significant of these concerns the overcab locker where the whole back section has been brought 6 inches further back, almost touching the ceiling strip light. As it is at the widest part, this modification almost doubles the capacity of the cupboard. The alteration looks professionally handled, possibly carried out by Auto Sleepers themselves.
The only problem is that it's easy to bang your head on this projection but having done that a few times, one learns to duck.
I will post the other alterations in the near future.Newbie Symbol Owner Spainspring2011076
mikemelson
mikemelson
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2024

Back to top Go down

Newbie Symbol Owner Empty Symbol Front Locker

Post by Alf Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Mike could you take a photo from the rear looking forward to give a better layout please

Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Newbie Symbol Owner Empty Re: Newbie Symbol Owner

Post by mikemelson Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:31 pm

Hi Alf,
Here's a pic from the back of the van, they've used the original unit when enlarging it by 6 inches therefore there's a gap at the top of the locker which can be seen in the photo.Newbie Symbol Owner Motorhome007
mikemelson
mikemelson
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2024

Back to top Go down

Newbie Symbol Owner Empty Front Locker

Post by Alf Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi Mike This is my front locker perhaps not a good photo but one I had taken for Squip the chrome rail is for hanging things on the blue line is for drying tea towels etc I always increase the depth of the side rails for oddments and keep the table leg in the front locker on terry clips the other side is the same as
Newbie Symbol Owner P1000145

Alf
Alf
Alf

Male

Member Age : 82
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down