The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cotswold - Any one got anything good to say?

5 posters

Go down

Cotswold - Any one got anything good to say? Empty Cotswold - Any one got anything good to say?

Post by stepps110 Mon May 13, 2013 1:43 pm

I have read the forums and from them it seems the Cotswold is a basket case.
Is this a true picture?
I have just ordered one, before reading all the doom and gloom, so hopefully someone will cheer me up!
stepps110
stepps110

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Cotswold

Back to top Go down

Cotswold - Any one got anything good to say? Empty Re: Cotswold - Any one got anything good to say?

Post by stepps110 Tue May 14, 2013 8:53 am

Oh dear! 46 views and "No comment' was the loud reply. Looks like I have bought a lemon. shrugg
stepps110
stepps110

Male

Back to top Go down

Cotswold - Any one got anything good to say? Empty Re: Cotswold - Any one got anything good to say?

Post by Peter Brown Tue May 14, 2013 10:02 am

The one thing that is certain is that no two vans are the same whatever the make or model.

Hopefully you've chosen a van that has the facilities and habitation fittings that you want. As Cotswolds are no longer made I guess yours has had a previous owner in which case the condition of the van will be more down to how it was looked after than how it was delivered new.

This is the place to ask for help when you are not sure how things work but make sure you have a few hours with the dealer when you collect it and then camp near to him for the first night.

Peter
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Tue May 14, 2013 2:49 pm

I think that the Cotswold had a known GRP issue by the door and also the heater ducting, but the rest of it seemed to be the fittings themselves to large extent.

On mine (same hab door) the central locking failed. This is usually either due to slight misalignment or the connection behind the door - both relatively easy fixes. Overcab GRP - mine has the same and no issues and haven't heard of others. Fridge - supplied equipment. Bathroom door, sounds like a misalignment.

As above, every van is different and some will inevitably have some issues which even the mighty bow Hymer have, or indeed my colleague with his very expensive wrinkly roofed van which is due its third trip back to the German factory for another new roof (at my colleagues expense.......)

At least the A/S people are known to be helpful very knowledgeable and user friendly - plus they happily sorted a couple factory warranty things for me and others. If it would fit on the driveway, I would have had a Cotswold

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by stepps110 Tue May 14, 2013 3:23 pm

Thank you for your replies.
I hope to be able to post glowing reports about my new motorhome.

I could, if I wished, give negative comments about my ex, German and French motorhomes but I lived through them.
Even my new house was not free from defect!!

So I will see you all out and about somewhere. drinksallround
stepps110
stepps110

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neca1231 Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:41 pm

stepps110 wrote:Thank you for your replies.
I hope to be able to post glowing reports about my new motorhome.

I could, if I wished, give negative comments about my ex, German and French motorhomes but I lived through them.
Even my new house was not free from defect!!

So I will see you all out and about somewhere.   drinksallround
Hi,
We are new to the forum, like you we recently bought a Cotswold EB, the 2011 model, to be honest, to date, we have had no problems at all, if anything we are very pleased with our purchase.  Have you had any issues since purchase?
Neca1231
Neca1231

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Cotswold EB

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutto Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi there,

stepps110 hasn't posted since September last year so maybe it would be better to send him a PM so that he gets a reminder in his ordinary email account.

Best regards,
 drinksallround

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Post by Neca1231 Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Thank thanksThank thanks
Neca1231
Neca1231

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by stepps110 Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:42 pm

I have had my Cotswold for 7 months now and it is great, possibly the best motorhome we have had but that may be the layout! Yes, had the issue with the heating hoses falling off. That is such a basic design fault Auto Sleeper should be embarrassed. For the sake of some sort of wind deflector to protect them. ( Ihave supported mine with wire now before a better fix. At least if it comes off it will not drag on the road!)

The LED does not work on the fridge now but thats ok it was too bright anyway.

Most worrying was a damp patch under a seat but that was during the torrential weather we had and it was only one night. That will be watched!

So very pleased and looking forward to some better weather and hopefully see some of you on the road.
stepps110
stepps110

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by DuxDeluxe Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Thanks for taking the trouble and reporting back  up! 

Enjoy the van

DuxDeluxe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway Crown

Back to top Go down

Post by Neca1231 Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:00 pm

Hopefully will keep in touch hopefully will keep in touch through out 2014.
Neca1231
Neca1231

Male

Back to top Go down