The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upper window blinds

2 posters

Go down

Upper window blinds Empty Upper window blinds

Post by newterry Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:12 pm

Although I've conquered most rattles in the Harmony the upper window blinds were the last hurdle to 'silent running'. I've tried all the tricks on the forum and few of my own involving pipe wrap so just to see what a difference it would make I've taken them out ! It must be the internal springs that are loose.
We don't use the van overnight so don't need sleepy darkness but wow, I didn't realise what a difference it would make even having eliminated most of the other rattles, just the odd cupboard door quietly creaking- I can even hear the radio on the motorway without it turned up VERY LOUD.
My issue is - at some point the Harmony has got a bit damp inside, probably condensation sitting on various forecourts during winter periods sometime ago and the offside flyscreen is covered in mould- can I get rid of it, if not where to get a replacement ?
While we're pondering that one, I've noticed some black mould on the head lining over the windscreen- can I get rid of that as well ?
The van is completely dry inside, I used Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure when a gutter fixing failed a while ago, the mould was already there at that time and not a result of that particular leak.

With the blinds and frame off, the exposed interior construction was very interesting.......

Never walk past open doors of opportunity as you'll never know what treasures lie beyond.
newterry
newterry
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony 1.9TD
Vehicle Year : 1999 reg

Back to top Go down

Upper window blinds Empty Re: Upper window blinds

Post by peugeotboxer Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:19 pm

I've also got some mould 'spots' above the windscreen.
I did ask if anyone knew how to get rid of them, but had no reponses.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Upper window blinds Empty Upper window blinds

Post by newterry Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:02 pm

As the forum is growing, maybe we'll get an expert in vehicle trimming on board. By the way PB, off topic, are your front seat squabs still in one piece ? Mine have split under the covers and I'm using a cushion for comfort on long runs.

Never walk past open doors of opportunity as you'll never know what treasures lie beyond.
newterry
newterry
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony 1.9TD
Vehicle Year : 1999 reg

Back to top Go down