The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We've just bought a Gatcombe

+2
IanH
Rosie's mum
6 posters

Go down

We've just bought a Gatcombe Empty We've just bought a Gatcombe

Post by Rosie's mum Mon Aug 19, 2024 10:51 pm

We used to have a large motorhome with all the luxuries which we loved and used a lot. However, last year we decided to downsize due to age and infirmity and bought Rosie (an Autosleeper Gatcombe) so called because her upholstery is red. She ticks most of our boxes - small but still a motorhome rather than a campervan, automatic, robust and reliable. We are still in the process of personalising her and finding out what works well and what doesn't so we're hoping for advice and possibly to buy some parts / accessories we need. We have had several trips this summer and have just got back from Orkney which worked well in Rosie except the water heater won't work except on hook up (which we hardly ever do) and the fridge doesn't get very cool except on hook up. Has anyone else had these problems? Also we are missing the smaller table and the lid of the loo paper holder. Anyone have either of these for sale? Thanks.
Rosie's mum
Rosie's mum

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Gatcoombe
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

We've just bought a Gatcombe Empty Re: We've just bought a Gatcombe

Post by IanH Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:57 am

Welcome!
Loads of monocoque info on here

Go to members factsheets, look for Executive, a new project, loads in there....

Created by the. Sadly, late Roli, and my posts
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Rosie's mum likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:12 am

I answered your request for the table yesterday with 2 suggestions off ebay.  The toilet bench you have ceased production in 2007 so the chance of one of those toilet roll loaders is very slim unless you're prepared to go through the caravan breakers route. You'll find a list of breakers also in the Factsheets section.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:31 am

Welcome Rosie. Nice van is the Gatcombe.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:51 am

Welcome  welcome_sign

Hope you get Rosie sorted and enjoy lots of trips!
Rocky
Rocky

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie's mum Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:47 am

Paulmold wrote:I answered your request for the table yesterday with 2 suggestions off ebay.  The toilet bench you have ceased production in 2007 so the chance of one of those toilet roll loaders is very slim unless you're prepared to go through the caravan breakers route. You'll find a list of breakers also in the Factsheets section.
Thank you for your response. Sorry my reply is late - I'm still working out how to navigate this site. I will try to find your other reply and have a look at the tables on Ebay. We actually only need the top of the toilet roll holder but it is clear they are now very rare!
Rosie's mum
Rosie's mum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie's mum Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:49 am

IanH wrote:Welcome!
Loads of monocoque info on here

Go to members factsheets, look for Executive, a new project, loads in there....

Created by the. Sadly, late Roli, and my posts
Thank you. I will have a look.
Rosie's mum
Rosie's mum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:22 pm

wave Hi and welcome from us two and muttlie just up the road in our corner of Lincolnshire. A lovely choice of motorhome. When we decided to replace the Duetto we looked at a Gatcombe but we were beaten to the sale.
There are better informed than me regarding the problems you are having but the lid for the toilet roll holder sounds like a project for a 3D printer. Maybe a member with such skills could help you.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie's mum Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:38 am

Dave 418 wrote:wave Hi and welcome from us two and muttlie just up the road in our corner of Lincolnshire. A lovely choice of motorhome. When we decided to replace the Duetto we looked at a Gatcombe but we were beaten to the sale.
There are better informed than me regarding the problems you are having but the lid for the toilet roll holder sounds like a project for a 3D printer. Maybe a member with such skills could help you.
Thank you for the welcome. We have found a DIY solution to the missing lid. We found a Tupperware type plastic container with a white lid exactly the right diameter for £1.50 so we are very pleased! We had to visit several shops with a tape measure but it was worth it!  smile!
Rosie's mum
Rosie's mum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:23 pm

You are not on your own searching for things for the van armed with a tape measure. We wanted some small boxes for the washroom cupboard. Opening the door and being ambushed by bottles of shampoo etc was getting painful.
We found a set of four trays the right size in the Range. Two for the washroom and two in the kitchen area lockers for the likes of stock cubes and other small cooking essentials. I am sure you can use the rest of your Tupperware jar for similar storage. allthumbz
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie's mum Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:10 pm

Dave 418 wrote:You are not on your own searching for things for the van armed with a tape measure. We wanted some small boxes for the washroom cupboard. Opening the door and being ambushed by bottles of shampoo etc was getting painful.
We found a set of four trays the right size in the Range. Two for the washroom and two in the kitchen area lockers for the likes of stock cubes and other small cooking essentials. I am sure you can use the rest of your Tupperware jar for similar storage. allthumbz
Yes, the little shower room cupboard is not good! I have found non-slip trays etc for the cupboards in the kitchen area but not for that one yet. A trip to the Range may be due! Is it possible for you to give me any more details about the ones you found or maybe a photo? If no no worries. Thanks.
Rosie's mum
Rosie's mum

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:08 pm

If my memory severs your washroom cupboard is like the one in our Duetto with sliding doors unlike the Rienza with a lift up door and rail inside.
The ones we have are about three inches deep and wide enough to fit two in the cupboard.
I am not good with adding photos but a trip armed with tape measure and a plan will produce something to suit your cupboard no doubt .
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie's mum Tue Aug 27, 2024 3:39 pm

Dave 418 wrote:If my memory severs your washroom cupboard is like the one in our Duetto with sliding doors unlike the Rienza with a lift up door and rail inside.
The ones we have are about three inches deep and wide enough to fit two in the cupboard.
I am not good with adding photos but a trip armed with tape measure and a plan will produce something to suit your cupboard no doubt .
Yes, ours is the tiny one with sliding doors so your trays probably won't fit. Ah well, back to plan A!
Rosie's mum
Rosie's mum

Female

Back to top Go down