The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we are again,

2 posters

Go down

Here we are again, Empty Here we are again,

Post by David Marsh Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:29 pm

Well here we are again back to the Auto-Sleeper owning fraternity. I had to sell our Burford Duo in February of this year as those lovely people at the DVLA informed me that I had a heart issue and would reduce my licence to the 3500kg category. Mmmmm, not too sure about their reasoning as I had my heart fixed in January of 2007 at Wythenshawe Hospital and they assured me at the time and ever since that my heart is 100% perfect for someone of my age. I'll be eighty this coming month. 
Anyroadup, we struck a deal with Emm-Bee in Bury who I have to say were very good at the time and have been since. We bought a 2019 Auto-Trail Trigano Tribute T615 automatic. As it was in the 3500kg range the deal ws done and away we went. Here is where it went * Inappropriate Word * up. She who must be obeyed, after spending one weekend away in it, hates it. 
We all know only too well buying new or even new to us motorhomes, and of course having the dealer take into consideration our part exchange, our wallet takes a hit. 
What have we done? Well we saw a few Stantons on offer and went to look at one. Got there and was informed that the Stanton they have in stock is actually a sale or return vehicle and so they were less than interested in our Auto-Trail but they are main agents for Auto-Trail and had new ones all over the place. No matter. 
We then saw a four berth Stanton, not the best looking thing I'll admit, on offer and so we have just been down to the dealer in Nottingham to view, a distance of 314 miles return so not exactly around the corner. All looks well and without seeing our present motorhome we have arranged to buy the Stanton should the dealer be satisfied with our Tribute. I'll be off in the morning down to Nottingham for the dealer to satisfy themselves that all is good. Then return home in the Tribute and wait for the Stanton to be readied for collection.
It's all been a bit of a mess to be honest as she who must be obeyed has been battling Ovarian Cancer for the past three years and has just started yet another regime of chemotherapy......double sessions that if last Friday is anything to go by it's an eight hour job. Not good at all so we have to fit our little spending spree around her treatment.
We have owned a few Auto-Sleepers in the past and have been fairly satisfied with their offerings. We had a 1995 Duetto on a Ford automatic that would on a good day pull the skin off a rice pudding. Then a Sandhurst on a VW which was a little cracker, the a Windsor on a Ford, then the Burford Duo on the Mercedes but we have owned  few other brands so as not to be boring. We've had a Rimor on a Mercedes, a Euro Mobil on a Mercedes, a Geist on a Mercedes, a Tracker on a Fiat and the Tribute on a Fiat....all automatics.
We are hoping that this purchase on the Stanton will be our last as we are limited to how far we travel due to my lady having treatment more or less every few days.
It's coming home!!!!
David Marsh
David Marsh

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Burford Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

burlingtonboaby, mikethebike, bikeralw, Ready to go, allanwbrown, Suppersready and mcalid like this post

Back to top Go down

Here we are again, Empty Re: Here we are again,

Post by Our Tilly Fri Jul 19, 2024 9:19 pm

Welcome back.  Sorry to hear your wife is having chemo - I am sending positive thoughts.  Sounds like you have had a good few motors in your time and no doubt lots of enjoyment from them.  Hope you manage to get some trips away from it all in your new ourchase.
Our Tilly
Our Tilly

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2003

David Marsh and Nue like this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum