The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good, clean campsites in Northern Ireland

3 posters

Go down

Good, clean campsites in Northern Ireland Empty Good, clean campsites in Northern Ireland

Post by purdyhorse Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:39 pm

We, two seniors in a Warwick XL, are going to Northern Ireland in September for two weeks for the first time and would appreciate advice of any nice, clean campsites that have toilet and shower facilities. (I've checked out the only CAMC Affiliated Site's website but its reviews are somewhat indifferent so causing me to discount it). 
We have in mind visiting Belfast and the Giant's Causeway but would also appreciate advice on other locations that members can recommend.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Good, clean campsites in Northern Ireland Empty Re: Good, clean campsites in Northern Ireland

Post by harrysp Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:43 pm

For Belfast have a look at Dundonald Caravan Touring Park and Ballyness Caravan Park for the visit to Giants Causeway. If you are visiting Fermanagh, then Rushin House is a good site on the outskirts of Enniskillen.

Harry
harrysp
harrysp
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Former Broadway
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Good, clean campsites in Northern Ireland Empty Re: Good, clean campsites in Northern Ireland

Post by The Bargee Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:09 pm

We used Castlerock Holiday Park for three nights last April whilst awaiting a vehicle part. About 30 pitches next to the main street, and about 400 metres or less from the beach. Very nice small town right on the beach, basic shops. The caravan / motorhome area is separate to the main holiday park. Simple but clean facilities. Fully serviced concrete hard standing pitches. We paid £23.00 per night. We had a very pleasant stay on pitch 14 (6 amp power supply). Pitches 15 upward have 20 amp supplies.
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham

Back to top Go down

Post by purdyhorse Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:34 am

Thank you Harry and The Bargee. Both of your suggestions are really helpful. The sites you recommend look very good and I can't understand why they didn't show up on the various campsite search websites I tried.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bargee Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:20 pm

Don't miss the Antrim Coast Road (aka Causeway Coastal Route) and the slight diversion around Torr Head. It's a beautiful drive. Just as good as the WAW!

BTW at Castlerock pitches 14 & 15 get a bad press due to overhanging trees. Ignore! They have been trimmed right back now. Those pitches (and I think 12 & 13) are in a nice little corner of the site.
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham

Back to top Go down