The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peugeot service

4 posters

Go down

Peugeot service Empty Peugeot service

Post by petermcd Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:12 am

Our Peugeot based Broadway is shortly due for it’s first service. The Broadway is by no means a particularly large vehicle but I have found that Peugeot Service Centres in Ipswich, Colchester and Bury st Edmunds do not service motorhomes ….. insurance reasons were mooted ….. !
I phoned Stellantis and the nearest place to service my vehicle (and retain the warranty) was Romford … a 120 mile round trip for me.
Explained to Stellantis that the lack of local service centres would likely influence my next choice of base vehicle …. they were politely disinterested.
Peter M
petermcd
petermcd

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Peugeot service Empty Re: Peugeot service

Post by Caraman Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:22 am

petermcd wrote:Our Peugeot based Broadway is shortly due for it’s first service. The Broadway is by no means a particularly large vehicle but I have found that Peugeot Service Centres in Ipswich, Colchester and Bury st Edmunds do not service motorhomes ….. insurance reasons were mooted ….. !
I phoned Stellantis and the nearest place to service my vehicle (and retain the warranty) was Romford … a 120 mile round trip for me.
Explained to Stellantis that the lack of local service centres would likely influence my next choice of base vehicle …. they were politely disinterested.
Peter M

There is no need for the service to be carried out by a Peugeot dealer in order to retain the warranty.  I for similar reasons to you had my van serviced at a recommended local independent garage that used original parts to retain the warranty.  Not surprisingly it was cheaper than the dealer.  I have since used it for my MOT and now I am out of the warranty period I will use it for repairs.  Only if you have a warranty repair do you need to take it to a Peugeot dealer which I did on 2 occasions (flashing odometer and stuck bonnet latch/brake recall safety check) and on a 3rd occasion I had to take it to a dealer to have the front TPMS adjusted to trigger at a lower pressure.  I used a different dealer on all 3 occasions none being local.  I have since discovered a new local dealer that will take a motorhome but I'll only use them if I have to.  Worth noting that the dealer situation can change.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by petermcd Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:36 am

Thanks Caraman ….. it was also my understanding that the service could be done by a non-franchised garage but on phoning Stellantis they were clear that the work should be done by a Pug. dealer to preserve the base vehicle warranty. 
This time I shall have to bite the bullet (& cost) as there is an Adblue recall on my van + some warranty work but next time I shall go to a local independent garage.
petermcd
petermcd

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EL

Back to top Go down

Post by T2 Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:38 pm

Not sure how near you live to Cambridge as there is a very good independent garage there - Cambridge Vehicle Services.  They have serviced our Motorhomes for some years & can do MOTS.  When our Peugeot was under warranty they serviced it and used genuine Peugeot parts which Peugeot advised me maintained the warranty.
T2
T2

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Morsefields Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:38 pm

I have a similar issue where I live where the nearest Peugeot dealer (Kens Garage, Invergordon) won't take motorhomes and the next nearest has 2-3 month wait (Arnold Clarke, Inverness) as they only have one Ramp suitable for vans.  The next nearest is in Alan Milne in Elgin which is a 90 mile drive each way.

The van has a recall which needs doing at some point so I am a bit stuck!
Morsefields
Morsefields

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down