The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo EK 2019 body cracking at window corner

4 posters

Go down

Nuevo EK 2019 body cracking at window corner Empty Nuevo EK 2019 body cracking at window corner

Post by Jodeson Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:27 pm

Our 2019 Nuevo EK has recently developed a 4" crack in the body panel emanating from the top rear corner of the off-side window. I understand this may be a defect already known to AutoSleeper, whom I have emailed but to date nil response.
Can any members advise on the best way to proceed?
Jodeson
Jodeson

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Nuevo EK 2019 body cracking at window corner Empty Re: Nuevo EK 2019 body cracking at window corner

Post by IanH Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:59 pm

Is the body material fibreglass, GRP?
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Nuevo EK 2019 body cracking at window corner Empty Re: Nuevo EK 2019 body cracking at window corner

Post by Paulmold Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:07 pm

If still in warranty (just maybe) then go through your dealer or use service dept contact form on AS website.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:35 pm

I'm failing to get through to the A-S Service Centre by any method at the moment.  If you phone you're put on music for 15 minutes then an automatic message says ring back later or use the contact form.  I've never had any success with their contact form (other than the spares department) and e-mails go unanswered.  I am trying to make contact through Marquis and they are waiting as well.  If you live in Worcestershire you could call in at Willersey and speak to them that way.  I'm not aware of the cracking problem you describe.  Just checked mine and it seems OK.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:50 pm

Caraman wrote:.  I'm not aware of the cracking problem you describe.  Just checked mine and it seems OK.
I'm surprised you haven't heard of it before, we had a few posts last year with same problem.  Here's one thread....?

https://www.autosleeper-ownersforum.com/t41259-stress-fracture-repair-by-autosleeper#373522

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Jun 27, 2024 5:08 pm

I probably didn’t focus on it as it wasn’t a Nuevo.  I haven’t heard of this problem on the Nuevo or it’s off side window
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jodeson Fri Jun 28, 2024 6:56 pm

Paulmold wrote:If still in warranty (just maybe) then go through your dealer or use service dept contact form on AS website.
Many thanks.
Have tried both via email, still waiting for either an acknowledgement or better still plan of action.
Jodeson
Jodeson

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK

Back to top Go down