The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autosleeper Windsor replacement awning

2 posters

Go down

Autosleeper Windsor replacement awning Empty Autosleeper Windsor replacement awning

Post by daykinjones Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:56 pm

Our Windsor’s awning fabric needs replacement. It is an Omnistor 600K integral awning which is no longer supported by parent company Thule. There are a few spares available but not a roller replacement.

Has anyone replaced the integral awning with an alternative awning system and if so what was it and was it straightforward?
daykinjones
daykinjones

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Windsor
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Windsor replacement awning Empty Re: Autosleeper Windsor replacement awning

Post by Paulmold Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:10 pm

I wouldn't have thought that replacement fabric would be a problem. Have you spoken to Rose Awnings? On my Fiamma replacement fabric simply slid into the grooves on the roller and front fascia, I'd have thought Omnistor/Thule would be much the same.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

daykinjones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Autosleeper Windsor replacement awning Empty Re: Autosleeper Windsor replacement awning

Post by daykinjones Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:20 pm

Have been in contact with Rose and Thule. A replacement roller is no longer available nor is it a straightforward fabric change.
daykinjones
daykinjones

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Windsor
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down